Unicron

Reaching the old mine, I transform and skate in. Behind the boulder are the two carts, the dark energon is missing. So, you hid it on me, typical. I scan the area, a couple of shards hidden in the wall but nothing else. I go to the closest shard and remove it from its hiding spot, the calling I've been getting whenever I'm around dark energon hums in my processor. I place the shard in my subspace and move onto the next one, this one is in deeper behind a piece of scrap metal. When I finally manage to get the shard out, I hear something move behind me outside the mine.

"Who's there?"
"I knew you would return"
"Knockout"
"Why doll?"
"I need it, it keeps the pain at bay"
"It's destroying you"

I exit the mine, the dark energon shard still in my servo. Upon looking at my face, Knockout takes a step back. He brings the energon prod in his right servo up, bringing it in front of him on a diagonal block position.

"Have you seen yourself lately"
"I'm the same I've always been Knocks"
"No, your optics are purple, not e/c"
"Just a small change"
"You could've off-lined Starscream the other day"
"He deserved it"
"No he didn't, and deep down you know that too"

I hold my breath, Knockout is right. Since I was first stabbed with the dark energon I have noticed myself slowly changing, the voice in my head suddenly speaking up.

"They're under my control now"
"What"
"Soon I shall have enough dark energon to raise an army"
"Who's speaking?"
"Not your precious Y/n, they're easier to control than the other one"
"Starscream? You were controlling him"
"Of course I was, it took me days to make him betray his friend and stab them with a shard"
"You, what are you"
"Me? Surely you know me already, but if not, I am Unicron"

Not being able to control my movements, I attack Knockout. He uses his weapon to hit me, the energon electricity doing nothing but making me scream as Unicron continues fighting. I feel tears flowing down my cheeks as Knockout gets the upper hand, at the same time I am able to gain control of my body. I collapse to the ground and burst into tears as the effects of the energon prods' electricity shorts some of my circuits.

"Knockout, please"
"Y/n?"
"It's me, Unicron has left for now, it hurts"
"Let's get you back to the medbay"
"Tell Starscream I'm sorry"

I black out, images of everything that just happened playing in my head, going back to when I first saw Starscream with the dark energon. It's only now that I see the glisten on a tear in his optics.

~~~

"Are they going to be, ok?"
"I don't know yet Steve"
"Has all the dark energon been removed from their system"
"Yes Lord Megatron, Y/n no longer has any dark energon flowing through them"
"Good, see to it that Starscream is also treated"
"Yes Lord Megatron"

I hear the voices of those around me, my optics refusing to online. A silent beeping ringing in the distance.

~~~

"Are they waking up yet?"
"Almost Steve"
"Starscream is here"
"Lay him down over there"
"Any signs or mentions of Unicron from him?"
"No, all he has been muttering is sorry"
"Connect that up to him, hurry"
"Alright"
"Soundwave, go bring Ratchet here"

The talking gets louder as I wake, my optics covered with something. I let out a shallow groan, the covering on my optics removed by Steve. I turn my head and see Knockout fussing over Starscream, who is weakly refusing help. The door to what I assume is the medbay opens, Soundwave walks in with Ratchet following him.

"I only agreed to come here because you mentioned Y/n"
"They're on that berth"
"Primus, what's happened to them?"
"Unicron has returned, he first tried to control Starscream"
"Being as stubborn as he is it failed?"
"Yes and no"
"What about Y/n?"
"Well I'm fine now"
"You're awake, how do you feel"
"Like I was eaten alive by scraplets attached to a high voltage fence"
"Good, Unicron hasn't completely gained controlled like he did Starscream"
"Is he alright?"

I look back to Knockout attending to Starscream, multiple cables and monitors connected to him, straps keeping him down on the berth as he struggles to get free.

"Hold him down, his mind is still connected to Unicron's"
"We need to flush the dark energon out"
"I'm trying, Unicron is controlling him"
"How much dark energon has he had?"
"More than Y/n"
"Dark energon is being flushed, replacing with clean energon now Knockout"
"Good, Steve tend to Y/n"
"Ok"

Steve walks over to my berth, helps me to sit upright and hands me a mirror, I look in it and notice my optics are back to the e/c they should be, the purple from before coasts in a diagonal across my optics for a second. I hand the mirror back to Steve; he places it on the table beside him and hands me a cube of energon.

"Thanks"
"You have been out for a day"
"Good to know it wasn't a week"
"Unicron is still freely controlling Starscream"
"Does he know I'm sorry?"
"We thought it would be best for you to tell him"
"Alright"

I drink the energon, it slightly burns as it goes down, my sore throat soothed from the liquid. I hand the empty cube to Steve, who stands and walks to Soundwave, they exchange some words and Steve leaves the room. Soundwave walks over to me and pats my helm.

"You didn't remove the tracker"
"I told you to" Soundwave still doesn't say anything, I move his servo off my helm to stop him from patting me.
"Speak dammit"
"Knockout...found traces of...dark energon"
"I might've had a shard"
"He wanted to...explore...the old mine you...found Starscream...in"
"So that's why he was there"
"It's best...you don't use...dark energon"

I look up at Soundwave's visor, if he has a face under it, I'm pretty sure he'd be hiding a grin of some sort. I lay back down on the berth and watch as either Starscream or Unicron resist the mechs surrounding them. I activate my visor, it whizzes and clicks into place, the black reflection shows my e/c eyes, before the purple takes over. Hello Unicron. It's good to hear you child.