Volcano

We finally arrive at our destination, a volcano, it looks familiar yet strange. The calling that resonates from the Dark Energon is stronger here, I notice pillars of it growing out of the ground. I land a good distance from the currently silent volcano, Starscream landing a few feet away from me.

"Is this the place?"
"Right here is where Unicron first appeared to Megatron"
"I though it looked familiar"
"Collect as much dark energon, the trip is long and goes far beneath your pedes"
"Great, we are going down our own graves"
"Look, you're glowing purple"
"Me, have you seen yourself lately? Although with all that black it just blends in"
"You're more purple than I am"
"Hey"

I head towards a pillar; I equip my blaster I use it like a laser and cut part of the Dark Energon off. I look around for a flat rock, spotting one not too far I grab the cut pillar and fly above it, I aim and yeet the Dark Energon down onto it. A satisfying shattering sound echoes through the area, I land beside the rock, shards of Dark Energon scattering the ground.

"This should do us"
"Did you have to break it that way?"
"No, but I wanted to, and it was satisfying"
"I am generally concerned about you"
"Who isn't?"
"If you two are done, can you pick up the pace"
"Calm down Unicorn"

We pick up the shards and store them, the volcano rumbles before erupting. Dark Energon flows onto the ground and around us. I look towards the volcano to see a pair of eyes staring at us, creepy.

"I am no unicorn, I am Unicron, god of death"
"You are? Don't sound like it"
"My lord Unicron, we are here to serve you"
"I know, who do you think brought you two here. My first attempt might've failed, but I will not rest until I rise"
"You're the one who's been controlling us, eww, old Cybertronian mech germs"
"Y/n show some respect"
"Yeah no, I just want this over and done with so I can control my own body all the time"

I lean on Starscream, who is still kneeling before Unicron. As he stands, I fall to the ground on my aft, I squeak at the impact. Laughter coming from Starscream, and possible muffled giggles from Unicron, not too sure about that. I flop back onto the ground and pretend to be a starfish. Starscream leans over looking down at me with his arms crossed, impatiently tapping his pede waiting for me to get up.

"Nope, not going to be alive"
"Stop playing around so we can get this over with"
"Help me up, buttercup?"
"Don't call me that"
"Don't be a thorn unicorn"
"Just stop Y/n, let's go"
"Uhhg, fine"

I get off the ground, wiping the visible dirt off my front before skating alongside Screamer. We reached the bas of the volcano, a purple glow emitting from the entrance to a network of caves. I hear echoes as water drips from stalactites to the small pool of water below them, an ominous purple glow is emitted throughout the cave tunnels.

"This normal? Weird purple glow"
"What do you think Y/n. this way"

Screamer leads the way, turning random corners, going up and down the tunnels. Did we pass this glowing stalagmite before? Purple glowing stones? Cave entrance.

"Hey, we're going in circles"
"No we are not, it just looks the same"
"Then there's the entrance Screamer. Explain that you're lost"
"What no, never"
"My turn to lead"

I take the tunnel to the left of me, no bright purple glow bouncing off the walls. I come to a crossroad, each tunnel looks the same, but the one in front has pedesteps. Multiple sets of them, likely from the others the first time Unicron was awake. I follow them, Starscream looking around almost walking into a wall when I check behind me.

"You awake High Heels?"
"Shut it"
"The wall wont fall for you"
"You will"
"Not really"
"You did before"
"I was leaning on you"

I continue down the tunnel, the purple glow becoming brighter before disappearing. A giant grey metal double doors in its place, I push one door open. The hinges groaning as the door moves, eventually making a big of enough gap for us to fit through. On the other side is a network of giant energon lines, dark energon flowing through them. In the centre of the room, hanging is what's left of Unicron's spark, I think.

"Starscream, now"
"Hang on"

I watch as Starscream runs towards the end of the platform, aiming his missiles. Two energon lines hit us, I kneel on the ground clutching my helm. Y/n, destroy Starscream, become who you are meant to be. I fight the urge to be controlled by Unicron, I look to see Starscream struggling to shoot a missile at Unicron as he appears. I force myself to stand and scream at Unicron.

"I will never follow orders; I am sick and tired of being told what to do"

"I will not"

Starscream is still fighting Unicron's orders, he aims his last missile and misses. Unicron laughs as it echoes in our helms. I get a flash of something, a bright light in my processor forming an image. Fight child, I am with you. The blurry image clears, the Primes standing before me, I kneel. Knockout has told me about them, Optimus has showed me a few images. But kneeling before the Primes and Primus is a different feeling. My child, you have fought many battles of your own, stand. I kneel, I continue to kneel until they are gone. Unicron's voice is no longer in my helm, I stand and aim my ion blasters at his spark and shoot. Each blast hitting their target, Unicron's face disappears and Starscream is freed. His screaming ends as he looks around, before screaming again.

"Calm down"
"You look different"
"What"

I look at my arms, my usual black paint job is shinier and has flecks of gold in it. My visor slides into place and I do scan of myself, not only am I taller, but my entire physique has changed.

"What the hell"
"You look like a prime"
"I can't be, I'm not worthy Starscream"
"Let's go to Knockout"
"Good idea, Optimus might be the better option"
"Alright, you go to him"

I transform and fly out of the cave towards the Autobot base. Starscream following me out of the cave, changing direction towards the Nemesis. I land just outside the base and take a breather, the sun glistening on the gold flecks that now adorn me. I transform into my car alt and drive into the base, prepared to face Optimus Prime for answers on what happened back in the cave.