The Search for a Doppelgänger

It has been a couple of days since you have begun your search to find the doppelgänger, you return to the Nemesis to find Starscream still parading around as the Decepticon leader. Soundwave gives you an update on his scans of the area, the other you seeming to be nowhere. Knockout comms you to meet him in the medbay, you notice a hint of concern in his voice before it ends. Waving goodbye to Sounders, you make your way to the familiar room that you can call home.

"Ah, right on time Y/n" Knockout places the buffer down before turning around to face you.
"On time for what?"
"I need you to take me to a race"
"Why do you need me to take you?"
"There's one on tonight, I know Starscream won't allow me to leave the Nemesis for such a thing"
"So, you need a lift from me, or a bridge"
"A lift if you don't mind"
"Sure, gives me a chance to search around" Knockout begins to clean up an Energon spill, throwing the rag into a bin before walking towards you.
"Shall we leave, the race begins in an hour"
"Can we grab some Energon on the way, Shifter needs some" you step aside to let the cherry red mech past, following behind him as you head to the cafeteria.
"Shifter drinks a lot for a minicon, I haven't seen Lazerbeak drink this much"
"I like to think of it as a normal amount" the two of you grab a cube each, you grab a third for Shifter as it detaches from you and sits on the bench. You place its cube on the bench and watch as the little guy drinks it, lifting up the cube to your intake and downing it in one swig. Grabbing the empty cube on the bench as you begin to leave and place them in the bin before heading out of the cafeteria, Knockout soon following you into the hangar bay. Pulling the lever to lower the bay door, watching as it opens before stopping, you activate the auto-close and grab Knockout, jumping out of the Nemesis before transforming and flying off with a frightened medic holding onto your alt.
Breakdown walks into the cafeteria, seeing an unattended Shifter trying to get some energon cubes.

~~~

Knockout comms you, the race and celebrations of the winner are over. He gives you a pickup location and an estimated time. Following the readings on your visor, you walk into a mine, vehicons walking around harvesting and moving the raw energon. On the ledge you notice Starscream overseeing the operation, so this is why the Nemesis went quiet. Below the ledge he is standing on is the familiar shape of the Decepticon leader, and the target of your search. As you carefully approach them, they grab a passing vehicon and rip his head off, dropping the off-lined worker before you grab the imposter.

"Found you"
"Took you long enough dear me"
"We can go about this in a civil manner"
"Why, because I'm human?"
"Yes and no"
"Oh please, go ahead" you punch him/her in the helm, sending them flying into the wall behind. As they kneel to stand up you run over and grab their chest, ripping the disguise module off, it flickers to show a form of metal armor underneath.

"Is that the Apex armor?"
"No, but close to it" they uppercut you before kicking you in the gut causing you to fall backwards. Rolling over you blast the other you in the chest, a wide dent sparking in the armor, rendering it useless.
"It appears to be a cheap knockoff"
"How dare you""
"Save it and go back to your universe kid"
"Aargh" they fumble out of the armor and roll onto the ground, although they had outsmarted most of the cons, they're just a child in a toy.
"I shall open a bridge to your world, don't return" you stand and open a bridge into their world.
"I won't, stupid older other self" the child you sulks as they walk through the bridge before it closes. A reminder to collect Knockout beeps on your visor before the mech himself comms you again.

"Ready and waiting Y/n"
"How many humans threatened your finish?"
"You know me Y/n, a few tricks and some speed"
"You didn't harm any humans"
"The fleshies are safe, I think I saw an Autobot there though" you activate a bridge to Knockout, waiting for the swirls to equalize before stepping through.
"Tell me on the Nemesis, be there in five"
After collecting Knockout, you return to the Nemesis before being called to the bridge by Screamer. Leaving Knockout in the med bay with Breakdown, you make your way to the bridge before being stopped by Sounders, warning you that up ahead is not safe. In other words, Megatron, the real one this time. Entering the bridge, you see Starscream standing beside Megatron. You kneel before the true Decepticon leader as he walks closer, you watch his pedes each step he takes before he stops.