Grounded

Well, I knew I was going to be busted, but not allowed to leave the base for the next month unless on a supervised mission is a bit much. Its been an hour since Smokescreen and I emerged from the barricaded berth room. Some high and mighty Fowler has been shouting in our audio sensors since we entered the main room. June is standing beside Fowler, an angry scowl on her face as she looks me dead in the optics, I gulp as I look beside me to Miko.

"You two are grounded for the next month"
"What, come on"
"Y/n you should know better than to do what you did"
"What did I do?"
"Racing around the base, leaving after a direct order to rest"
"Who are you exactly? Some annoying scraplet?"
"That's right, Y/n doesn't remember you Agent fowler"
"That's the person I don't remember?"
"Yes"
"Glad I don't remember him them"

I shift in my spot, the boot on my wheel wing becoming annoying as it stops me from transforming and leaving. Smokey would be in the same situation if he didn't have his wheels covered. I start to mimic the annoying Agent Fowler as he rambles on about safety and us being grounded, luckily, he has his back to me until Miko cracks up laughing. I fail to hold my laughter in and am soon on my knees gasping and laughing.

"What's so funny Y/n, care to share"
"You"
"I am telling you of all bots off"
"Failing"
"Y/n please stop laughing"

I hold in my laughter, I look to the ground above me, Miko's face red from laughing. Smokescreen holds in his own laughter from my responses, eventually the three of us finish laughing. June is still looking at me like an angry bull and Fowler has his arms crossed.

"Care to tell me who are Fowler"
"It's Agent Fowler to you Y/n, you should know me already"
"Would you believe me if I said I don't?"
"No"
"Thought so"

I stand up, a bit wobbly from laughing and a huge smile on my faceplates. Ratchet pulls up some data onto the screen, my name mixed through it every now and then. He stops when he gets to my memories, all but Agent Fowler is accounted for.

"I believe the time Y/n has had in the other world has erased any memories of you Agent Fowler"
"Told you"
"Impossible"
"Think it's called childhood trauma or something"
"You're an adult, I know how your parents raised me"
"Yep, but you are the trauma"
"Is this true Ratchet?"
"It is Agent Fowler, Y/n has lost all memories based on you, good or bad"

I lean against the railing, Miko takes the opportunity to climb and sit on my arm. I look down to June then back to Ratchet, I sigh as I know I'm going to have to spill everything. June walks over to me, she places her hand onto my arm and pats it before looking up to me.

"Mind telling us where you have been before this memory loss"
"Only if you don't shout, my audio sensors are already dead"
"It can't be that bad Y/n"
"I'm surprised Agent Fowler hasn't told you, or did he forget?"
"I think it will be easier if you explain this Y/n"

I look to Ratchet as he finishes his sentence, I take a deep sigh before preparing to be yelled at some more. Miko climbs up onto my shoulder as I stand. Ratchet is back to finding the encrypted energon mines Soundwave sent him and Smokescreen has gone back to his berth room.

"I've been staying with the Decepticons"
"Why"
"For a few reasons, one being due to my car being one"
"Your car?"
"Knockout, I found him in a junk yard near my home"
"Right, and you just teamed up with them"
"Not at all, I'm a neutral party"
"You said a few reasons, the other ones are what"
"The annoying scraplet over there, pushed it too far one day. Only reason I remember that is because Miko told me about it"
"I sure did, I caught Y/n up on every Fowler memory I know"
"Why do you stay with the decepticons Y/n, why not stay here"
"Because June, here isn't home. Home isn't where you get grounded for having fun"
"Home is where everyone is safe"
"Yeah, and I'm here for the next month, great"
"Cheer up Y/n, you might be able to come with me and Bulk when we go dune bashing"
"Absolutely not Miko, do you know the risks, what if you crashed?"
"Uh Ratchet, why would Bulkhead crash?"

Bulkhead enters the room as his name is mentioned, he looks to Miko on my shoulder and across to June and Agent Fowler. I take a quick glimpse at Bulk as he walks to Ratchet's workspace. Him and Ratchet talk before Bulk turns to face me.

"We have an energon mine to raid Y/n"
"Finally, can someone remove this cursed boot please"
"One minute, you haven't told me everything"
"And how do you know? June it's not everything yes, but that's all I'm telling"

Ratchet unclamps the boot from my wheel, I feel free now that it's gone. After placing the boot on the berth, Ratchet activates the ground-bridge set to the mines location. Bulkhead and I walk through, Miko still on my shoulder. I stop halfway through to hear the conversation between Ratchet and June, I smile knowing that I'm off the hook and can escape now.

"Y/n took Miko with them"
"I know, no point in saying no to those two"
"But it could be dangerous"
"Not with Y/n around"
"they live with the cons though"
"They don't know it, but they're changing how the cons are"
"Really?"
"I've never seen three cons worry so much about someone who used to be a human"
"Good point"

I exit the ground-bridge, Bulkhead already fighting some vehicons, Steve staying away from the scene as he sees me emerge. I wave to him as I place my hand on Bulk's shoulder.

"No need for that"
"Oh right"
"Here's Miko, I'll be back in, I don't know, a month or two"
"Going already Y/n"
"You know I have to Miko, being around the bots is just boring"
"Can't I come"
"I don't want you to become hurt, stay with Bulk"
"Why am I used as your escape Y/n?"
"Because other than Smokey and Bee, I trust you too Bulk"
"Understandable"

Steve walks over to us, a cart of raw energon pushed in front of him. I nod to him telling him he can leave now; he walks back to the others as they start pulling random offlined vehicons out of the bushes and throwing them about. Trust Steve to use my ideas to confuse Megabucket.

"Time to run away, again"
"You remember don't you"
"About Agent Fowler, yes"
"Cool"
"No Miko it's not, some of those I didn't want to surface"
"Why"
"Because when I left that day, I wasn't planning on coming back, Knockout knew what I would do so he found me"
"How did he know"
"I activated a beacon on my old data pad, alerting them that I'd do something stupid"
"Where is your data pad now?"
"Here, you can have it"

I pull my old data pad out of my subspace and hand it to Miko. As she takes it from my servo I turn and walk away, sure I'm going back to the Nemesis earlier than the trio had planned, but I'm not staying somewhere that isn't home.