I Don't Want To Be

Who's speaking other than you.

Optimus
Ratchet
~
Miko
Jack

Raf
~
Smokescreen
~
Ratchet
Jack
Smokescreen

Optimus is standing beside Ratchet as I enter the base, upon my transforming, the mechs turn to look at me. Ratchet's moth hangs open whilst Optimus has a questioning look.

"I need answers"
"Y/n, how?"
"Idon'tknow,StarscreamandIwentanddealtwithUnicronwhotriedtogetmetokillStarsc-"
"Slow Y/n, calm down"
"Ok"
"From the beginning, slowly"
"Starscream and I went to deal with Unicron, so he'd leave us alone"
"But Unicron was already gone"
"Not really. He tried to get us to kill each other but I refused"
"Ok, did Starscream hurt you?"
"No, he was determined to get rid of Unicron, and he screams like a little girl"
"Like Bulkhead?"
"Sort of"
"Please continue Y/n"
"This bright light appeared in my processor as I was refusing Unicron, it turned into the Primes. Primus himself spoke to me"
"What did he say?"
"I kneeled before them, Primus said 'My child, you have fought many battles of your own, stand' I continued to kneel until they were gone"

Ratchet turns to Optimus; they talk amongst themselves for a bit before turning back to me. Ratchet walks off leaving me with Optimus, he places a servo on my shoulder, I notice I am now almost equal height with Prime.

"Y/n, you are now a Prime"
"But I don't want to be, I'm not worthy"
"Primus chose you"
"For what? Almost killing a friend who unwillingly betrayed me? Lying to my parents about why I haven't contacted them? Wanting to offline someone for off lining another friend?"
"He sees the good in you"
"I don't want to be a Prime, I just want to be me, nothing special"
"Y/n, in time you will know why he chose you. Just like I did"
"I suppose, but how am I going to explain this to everyone?"
"You are not a full Prime yet Y/n. You must grow, Primus will speak with you again in time"
"So, like, I'm a half Prime"
"Yes"
"I think I can deal with that. Megatron will be pissed though"

I look over to the teens who just arrived from school, Miko wondering who the new bot is. Her energetic self, jumping around talking about the new awesome bot, aka me. Optimus removes his servo from my shoulder and leaves to go on a mission with Bee and Arcee.

"Hey guys"
"Y/n, that's you?"
"Hi N/n"
"Yep, a Prime in the making. Not that I want to be"
"Woah, cool"
"Awesome"
"Sweet"
"How was school, todays Monday I believe"
"Not as awesome as you are, like look at you, gold flecks in your boring black paint"
"Hey, I do have red and a bit of blue too"
"Meh, what's racing stripes good for anyways?"
"Racing, wanna go"
"Do I"

Miko shakes Jack, who is holding onto the railing as Miko stops. Smokescreen walks in, looks over at us before turning back around and racing out of the base. Dammit, I forgot Smokey wants to be a Prime, frag.

"Sorry, later guys"

I transform and race after Smokescreen. He stops at our usual hanging spot, a small lake surrounded by thick trees. I transform out of my alt-mode and look around for him.

"Smokey? You here?"
"Go away"
"I know you want to be a Prime"
"And now you're one Y/n"
"Not that I want to be"
"Why not, being a Prime is the best"
"Yet, I just want to be who I was"
"You're a bit short still"
"Not 100 percent a full Prime Smokey"
"Does Optimus know?"
"Him and Ratchet were the first two to see me"
"Anyone else?"
"Probably the whole of the Nemesis by the time I return to it"
"So you are not staying for the week"
"I might, Megabucket would want to have a screech talk"
"Screech talk?"
"Where he glitches on about me becoming a Prime"
"Oh, what's he screech like?"
"Bird wise, I'd say a pterodactyl, all but tera is silent though"

We both laugh, an image of Megatron as a pterodactyl in our processors, screeching his aft off. A sudden idea forms in my processor, replacing the pterabucket.

"Wanna go flying"
"Fly? But we have car alts"
"Not really"
"No?"
"I picked up another"
"Show me"
"Alright, you're like a little kid"

I stand up and move away from Smokey to transform into my flight-alt. He stares in awe as I sit there.

"You getting on or am I flying solo?"
"Hang on"

Smokescreen sits cross-legged on the top of my alt; I contain a laugh knowing he will fall off as I plan on doing loops. I take off without a word, Smokey holds on as he already almost fell off from the inertia. I gain altitude, eventually above the clouds and ready to do the loops.

"You holding on?"
"Yes"
"Good"
"Why"
"Nothing"

I do the first loop, a small one, but Smokescreen almost screaming is making me laugh. Two more loops done before I feel the weight on me has left, below me Smokescreen is falling to the ground below us. I nose dive to catch him, stopping below the falling mech to transform and grab him. His screams ceasing once he realizes I've caught him.

"What was that for"
"I did check to see if you were alright"
"Falling is not alright"
"I caught you"
"But aren't we both falling now?"
"No, look"

Smokescreen looks down, I am hovering about half way down from where we were. Although I am now taller, it's still awkward for me to hold Smokescreen, especially bridal style. Laughter erupts from the both of us.

"Want to continue flying?"
"Yes, but don't drop me again"
"I won't, see"

I shift Smokescreen so I can hold him by his waist, making me like a jetpack on his back struts. I shoot upwards, the wind blowing on my faceplates, making my optics water. I activate my visor enabling me to see in the growing darkness as we fly.

"How can you see?"
"Visor, got night vision"
"We should we head back Y/n"
"Why, we haven't got a curfew"
"I have to take Jack home"
"Why didn't you say"

I loop up and fly back the way I came, not bothering to stop so we can transform I fly us both into the base. The bots and Jack looking at us as I let Smokescreen go.

"Want a ride home in a jet, Jack?"
"Y/n, I don't think that is a good idea"
"Smokescreen is still a little shaken from flying"
"You dropped me"
"You fell, I had no part"
"Yes"
"Great, let's go"

I transform as Jack climbs in, I wait until we're outside before taking off to fly Jack home. Upon arriving to Jack's house, June is waiting outside, possibly for a car. Today she'll get a silent jet. I hover and land before opening my door to let Jack out to go home, June goes to talk but Jack stops her.

"It's Y/n, they have a new alt-mode"

Jack walks inside, June following behind after looking at me one last time. Does the gold show that much at night too? or is it because I have a new alt-mode? I leave and head back to the bot's base, tired from today's events I lazily skate into my berth room, flop onto the metal, cloth covered berth and fall into recharge. And what do I dream of? Unicorns, fragging unicorns of every colour.