Meeting the Team

Knockout POV

It's been four hours since Y/n went missing, everyone on the Nemesis is looking for her as Lord Megatron's anger rises. Soundwave left with Starscream to patrol Nevada's skies, escaping being hit with random pieces of flying metal, not that Lord Megatron would ever harm Soundwave.

I am back to working on the Synth-en while using Silas as my test subject, so far, he has a burst of energy before it runs out of synth-en. The murky energon solution sits on my desk waiting for me to test it on Silas, but something about today seems different.

Perhaps Y/n disappearing is a wakeup call that not everyone is going to be around for me, I haven't fixed my finish since I got back from fighting Bumblebee. I place what tools I had in my servos back onto to the table I had picked them up from. If all the ones I care for are going to leave me at some point, then I might as well just leave the Decepticon cause.

~~~~~~

Y/n POV

Being around the Autobots is strangely calming, the children all have a guardian to protect them from the 'cons and to keep them out of danger on missions, especially Miko. Who would have thought that the sweet Miko I knew had turned into a Slash Monkey loving, mini wrecker?

"So how many 'bots are on your team?"
"Only what you see here, plus Smokescreen who is out"
"On a mission?"
"Don't know, he just leaves"
"He is the youngest we have on the team"
"Oh ok, does anyone do street racing here? Or do they just follow Knockout and I when we go?"
"Jack and Bee went without us knowing"

Jack looks away as Arcee glares at him, like a protective mother. I jump down from the sitting area and walk toward Ratchet, dodging a car that zoomed past me as they entered the base, streaming 38s whizzing past my eyes. what little dust the floor had is now in the air surrounding the 'bot as they transform.

"Smokescreen how many times do we have to tell you"
"Don't zoom on in here because a human could be walking around, I know Doc Bot"
"Hey, you almost hit me"
"Who's the new girl?"
"I'm Y/n, the one who lives with 'cons"

I stomp towards the white 'bot, visible steam coming off me.

"Not even the 'cons dare to try and harm me, they know what happened to Screamer when he squeezed me too hard"
"Woah, calm down Y/n"
"I'm sorry, but I was being followed and had to go past my limit"
"Who was following you?"
"Knockout, seems quite unusual for him to be out during the day"
"He might be looking for me, he's like my guardian"
"Did he follow you? You could've led him straight to the base Smokescreen"
"I ran off a cliff and sped away, with his finish on the line I don't think he'll follow me"

I stop in my tracks a meter from Smokescreen's pedes, if Knockout is looking for me then he didn't buff out his finish or is working on the synth-en. I look down to the floor as a single tear falls from my cheek. I use my sleeve to wipe the remaining tears from my face before looking up.

"If you push your engine to its limit too much, you won't be able to race anymore"
"Huh, are you alright Y/n"
"Yeah, just telling you what I tell Knockout when he pushes too far to win a race"
"Really, how fast can he go?"
"Don't know, he black out the speedo so I can't go mad at him"
"My speedo only goes to 205 mph"

I look up at Smokescreen with a look of disbelief, if he goes up against Knockout in a race, he's going to be toast. An alarm goes off on the computers near Ratchet, a proximity alarm for an approaching helicopter. Ratchet turns the alarm off and turns to face me on the ground.

"Unless you hide, you're going to have to deal with Agent Fowler"
"I could go on patrol with Smokescreen, not like the old guy would notice"
"You know Fowler??"
"Know him, I was dragged from an arcade by him in broad daylight due to me being with the 'cons"
"We should go then, it's getting dark"
"Can we go to a race? There's one starting down the road at 11"
"Sure"

I jump into Smokescreen's alt mode as we zoom out of base just as Agent Fowler exists the elevator. I release a breath I hadn't realized I was holding in till now and look out the window as the sun sets in the distance, an orange glow on Nevada's horizon.

"Hey Smokey, can I drive?"
"Already got a nickname for me, don't see why not"

I take control of Smokescreens alt mode and drive to the location of the race.

"Thanks, it feels weird not being in Knockout's alt, drifting round corners"
"Knockout lets you drive, I'm surprised he hasn't killed you yet Y/n"
"Heh, me too. 'Spose its cause I saved his aft in an off-road race we did, he almost hit three racers and a rock wall cause he slipped on water"
"He slipped, on water"

I hear muffled laughter coming from the radio, I soon join in as we near the start line.

"This is an endurance race, has multiple hills and is exceptionally long, you ready to get sand practically everywhere?"
"Is anyone really ready? I wasn't ready to be falling through space in a Decepticon escape pod"
"True, true"

The flag bearer dropped the bright blue rag and we all sped off into the distance, four racers in front and five behind. Let the race begin.