Traitor

Megatron has ordered that a vehicon must supervise me at all times when I'm out having fun. Steve was the only one game enough to baby sit me, the two of us are driving three hyper kid/teens to a carnival. Miko has decided to blast Slash Monkeys through Steve's radio, the occasional fist pump out the window can be seen. We arrive at the carpark, a couple of spots left but not near each other, they're also furthest away. I beat Steve to the better space and let Jack and Raf out before activating my holoform and following them as we walk to Steve and Miko.

"There seems to be a problem"
"What's that?"
"Miko plays her music too loud"
"You'll get used to it"
"Come on, lets go slow pokes"
"Wait up Miko"

The four of us chase after Miko, we pay the booth and get a hundred tickets each. Miko runs straight to the loop-d-loop rollercoaster, screams can be heard with a mix of laughter as it plummets down the track. Jack and Miko sit at the front, Raf is in-between Steve and I as he was too short to ride alone. I had some words with the operator and we both came to an agreement, his parents must sit with him during the ride, we all laughed and got seated. It doesn't take long for the rest of the cars to fill up before we lurch forward and go up the steep track. Miko shouts and laughs along with Jack, Raf holds onto the bar sitting across our laps, and Steve looks half dead and pale as a ghost.

"How fast does this go?"
"Sick already Steve, we're only five meters up the track"
"I've never been on this sort of thing"
"Can't be any worse than Bucket yeeting you all off the Nemesis"
"Ok you have a point"

We finally reach the top of the climb, the cars all teeter back and forth before plummeting down and through the loops and round each corner. Steve's knuckles are white from clutching onto the bar for dear life, the rest of us screaming in joy and laughter. The ride comes to an end, we all pull Steve out of the seat so the others can get in. I have to support the poor Cybertronian as he comes back to earth, I find a bench and help him sit down. Raf returns with two slushies, Jack not far behind holding two more, Miko has run off to play whack-a-mole. Raf hands me a blue slushie and Steve a purple one, Jack hands Raf his green one before taking a sip from his own red slushie.

"What are we going on next?"
"Something not so exciting"
"Haunted house, hall of mirrors, Shrek's swamp"
"Shrek's swamp?"
"Must be a new one"
"Let's go then"

We wait for Miko to return from whack-a-mole before heading to the swamp, I am handed a giant plush unicorn wearing sunglasses, a huge smile on Miko's face. We all arrive at a seemingly empty area, the entrance to Shrek's Swamp covered in fake moss and vines, a booth for tickets to the left. The guy who's supposed to be taking the tickets in the booth is fast asleep inside it, I knock on the glass, and he doesn't wake, I place five tickets through the hole and begin walking into the dark area.

"Is it me or this place giving me the chills"
"Not alone there, where is everyone?"
"Look there's someone"

Steve walks over to the figure, before turning around and speed walking back, the look on his face tells me they're not breathing or are a mannequin. I spot another figure and check it myself, not a mannequin, definitely not alive either. I look to the four behind me and nod to Steve, his holoform vanishes. I look around for a place the others can hide in, a bunch of fake rocks and bushes just ahead is perfect.

"Right, I want you three to hide up ahead in the rocks and bushes"
"Where did Steve go?"
"He'll be back"
"Is that a dead body?"
"Yes and no"

Steve arrives, my alt-mode in his servo. He places it on the ground as I return to it, the trio dash to the spot I told them. Steve prepares his blaster as I switch to my blades and activate my visor, scanning the area I spot the culprit further in. We silently move towards them, who they are becoming clearer, Starscream. He turns around just as I place a blade to his neck cables, Steve pointing his blasters at him from behind me.

"Good to see you again traitor"
"How's the dark energon treating you"
"Other than part of me slowly dying, I'm fine"
"Oh good, I wasn't 100% sure you would live"
"Y/n I must call for backup"
"Not yet Steve"
"So, you found me"
"Wasn't that hard, you reek of death"
"Do I?"

I follow Starscream as he turns and walks away, I smell dark energon, and feel like I'm drawn to it. I notice a shard in Screamers clutched servo and whack it with the blunt surface of my blade, I watch as it bounces and slides to a stop near a tree. I spot more shards poking out from behind the tree, I grab Starscream by his neck and hold him up. Steve holds his fingers to his comm, talking to Soundwave to send in help. I turn my attention to the con in my grasp.

"Going to stab me with more shards?"
"I would do no such thing"
"Oh but you already did"
"You knocked the last shard out of my servo Y/n"
"Then what's behind the tree"
"Dammit, you can sense it"
"I am drawn to it, but I wont let it win"
"Y/n Soundwave is sending a bridge"
"Good, now tell me about the bodies"
"Oh them, just a slight inconvenience"
"You killed them?"
"No the dark energon did"

I drop Starscream and rush to scoop up the trio before transforming and speeding out through the entrance. I open my doors and push them to get out.

"Get out of here, get Ratchet to check you all over for dark energon"
"Who's in there?"
"Starscream"

I speed back in to see Steve on the ground missing an arm and Starscream about to stab him with a shard. I transform and jump in front of Steve, I feel the shard stab my side before I land and skid, rolling and hitting a tree. A loud thud is heard as my momentum is stopped by metal bark, I groan and painfully get up. I yank the shard out of my metal and throw it away, as I use the tree to stand up properly, I see the looks on Starscream and Steve's faces.

"I'm not the criminal, I'm not the villain" I wipe some energon off my mouth from the roll.
"What are you on about"
"Yeah this is personal, a drive by killing" I roll my shoulders, Steve moves out of the way the best he can.
"Hello, earth to Y/n"
"Your guns are loaded, and your lies the bullets"
"So here is the trigger, go ahead and pull it now" Steve catches on to my words and joins in, picking up his arm and coming Megatron.
"Are you sure you wanna play this game? Are you sure you wanna play it?"
"What are you going on about?" Starscream slowly backs up, almost tripping over a branch on the ground.
"The only thing worse than a hater"
"Is a traitor, a traitor, a traitor"
"Your own your own Starscream"

Steve leans against a tree and leaves me to Starscream, who will be screaming. I turn my radio on, blasting the song as I lounge at the mech, throwing punches as we land on the ground. My position above Screamer allows me to punch him in the face more, he pushes me off him as he crawls away.

"We were down for the good times, we were down for the troubles" I watch as Starscream stands, energon dribbling out of his mouth.
"Like a thief in the night, broad daylight, you stole my sanity, now you are the enemy"

I skate towards him, one of my servos now a blade. He trembles as he looks over to Steve, who just smiles back. A ground-bridge opens behind me, Megatron and Knockout exit. I hold Starscream off as he jumps at me, a hand-to-hand struggle between us. I throw him as far as I could manage, giving chase to him as he transforms and tries to escape.

"You put the knife right in my back, killed any history we had" I grab his left wing, skating backwards to bring him down.
"And now it's war, war"

I manage to throw Starscream in his alt-mode to Megatron, who caught him as he transformed mid throw. I look at Knockout and over to Steve, the pool of energon bigger than it was when I started fighting. I dash over to him and help him up, Knockout supports Steve's armless side as we all go through the ground-bridge back to the Nemsis. I subconsciously place a servo on my chest, the silent rattling of a shard unheard.