Secrets (Part One)

Steve had his arm replaced, I was checked over and my wound was patched. I am sitting alone in the cafeteria, looking at my servos to see energon that's not there. Starscream is chained up somewhere unknown to me, for both our safety. Slamming my servos onto the metal table, I stand up and rush out of the room to find Soundwave.

"I want you to reconnect my bridging ability"
"No"
"I don't care why not, I just want to get out of here, by myself"

Soundwave stops tapping at the board, his shoulders relax, dropping his arms by his side he turns to look at me. The threat of tears welling in my optics brings a barely audible sigh from Soundwave.

"So?"
"Stand...Still"

Soundwave returns to his screen, an image of me and all my components and abilities is brought up. After going through and clearing the securities on the page, Soundwave re-activates my bridging capabilities.

"Thankyou"
"Where are...you...going?"
"To my parents, have a holiday"

I activate a ground-bridge, the co-ordinates to my parents house displayed on the screen Soundwave was just on.

"Remove my tracking, its unnecessary"

I transform and drive through the bridge, successfully appearing a mile away from my parent's house. I pull up in the driveway and switch my holoform on, I wipe a few small tears away before exiting my alt-mode and walking up to the door. I knock three times before my mother answers, I smile as she brings me in for a hug and cries.

"Where's dad?"
"At work"
"He got a job"
"As a mechanic, he read some of your books and decided to try it for himself"
"That's great, I told him he should try it"
"Got a new car already?"
"Yes, I still have the Aston"
"School called, wanted to know where you were"
"Did you tell them?"
"I read out the whole note to them"

Mum releases me from the hug and leads me to the kitchen, she puts the kettle on to make us both some coffee. I look around, not much has changed since I left, a few photos of me are on the walls and fridge.

"Hey mum, we should get a family photo when dad comes home"
"Sure sweety, that's a great idea"

Mum places a cup in front of me, the frothy milk gently swaying in the cup as it rests. I stir in some sugar before picking it up to take a sip, upon placing it down I notice the frown on my mum's face.

"Are you alright mum?"
"I'm fine, are you?"
"Yes, why, oh"
"You haven't called or texted for a whole seven months, more even"
"I'm sorry, I was caught up and didn't want to worry you with rushed messages"
"I am worried right now, you leave in a beat up Aston and return in that"
"It's an Aventador"
"Whatever it is, couldn't you find one second to call us?"

The door slams open, my dad walks in and shuts it behind him before walking into the kitchen.

"N/n?"
"Yes it's me dad"
"You're home"

I am embraced in an awkward side hug from my dad, who places his work bag on the table beside my coffee. He pats my back as I am released from my second hug.

"I suggested to mum that we should get a family photo together"
"We should take it outside beside your new car"
"I didn't think of that"
"Dear, what about worrying that Y/n never called or messaged us?"
"I'm sure they have their reasons, plus I'm sure I've seen that Lamborghini on the news"
"On the news, when?"
"After each race, you're pretty popular around here"
"Thanks"

The three of us walk outside, I set up the camera onto its stand and set a timer. I stand between my parents and smile the best I can, a slight pain in my chest where my heart should be. The camera flashes signally the photo has been taken, I lean over a bit and clutch my chest, the pain becoming stronger.