PART 3

Arohi helped Shehnaaz set up her room, the bed for the night at least. They got to know each other in the while, Shehnaaz told what brought her to Mumbai, about the dance academy, also about her job hunt. Arohi said she works for a radio station, she is working hard to become a radio jockey. The two girls happened to like each other instantly because they had a thing in common, both of them were pursuing their passion. The next day, Arohi showed her around a little bit, the nearest supermarket, the route to her academy, it wasn't very far. She then revealed her daily schedule, that she works for a RJ who airs his show at night, so there will be times she would mostly arrive late. 

"Tum academy kab se join karogi?" she asked. 

"Aaj se.. Shaam 4 se 8 hai timing.." Shehnaaz answered, she was so excited about it, she kept enchanting how much she has been waiting for this day. 

"Excitement apni jagah madam.. Lekin ghar ki chabi mat bhoolna.." Arohi chuckled, soon she left for work after reminding her about switching off the lights and fans. Shehnaaz was back to her room, setting up the cupboard. Clothes and stuff. She kept an eye on the clock, not wanting to be late on her first day. 

It felt like she was a new student in a school, not knowing which way to go, the academy had that huge infrastructure. The receptionist who showed her the way, eyed her top to bottom, a few people who were already present in the hall eyed her too, a few passed her simple smiles, a few didn't. Soon three people arrived, dressed formally, they must be the Gurus she thought, 

"Good evening everybody.. Welcome to Dropbeat academy..!" the receptionist again appeared and introduced them to their seniors and Gurus, seniors would be guiding them and Gurus would be the ones teaching. Then the pupils were asked to introduce themselves, there were 25 in the batch, she was nervous, a little too much when had entered, but composed herself anyway.

"So.. We'll begin with the basics today.." the seniors guided them with some dance steps while the gurus observed. By the end of the class, she managed to make a few friends. Her day went well, she was happy.

................

"How do you feel.. Left side me pain ho raha hai?" Sidharth asked his patient. He was having difficulty in breathing, accompanied by sharp chest pain. 

"Ha.." the patient kept panting. He had thought of it as a heart attack, but it seemed slightly different to the doctor. They opted for a CT scan and a plain X Ray immediately, the reports of CT revealed distension of his 7th and 8th rib. 

"It's not a heart attack.. Aap log ghabraiye mat.." Sidharth was in his cabin confronting the patient's family. 

"Aapke father ka kabhi accident hua tha?" he enquired. The son denied. 

"Okay.. So it's a case of protrusion of the lungs.. Jisko Lung Hernia bolte hai.." he said and the family clearly didn't understand even a word. Being a doctor he somehow explained to them that the patient's left lung was bulging pushing the ribs out of the cage, leading to swelling in the chest.

It was a rare case, a rather spontaneous one, but the patient was a senior citizen, overweight and had a smoking habit which made him potential to such a rare condition. He was admitted into the hospital for observation and pain management.

"We'll observe him for now.." he announced. 

He had a busy day, either surgeries or appointments kept him engaged. On his way, he received a call from his friend, informing him about a weekend plan and he wasn't really in a mood, he preferred drinking alone. 

"Ha.. Mai messages dekh lunga.." the call finally ended, he was asked to suggest some great place to crash on to. After parking the car he was going through his whatsapp while walking towards his building. 

Suddenly he bumped into someone, "Sorry.." both of them uttered at the same time.

....................

On Shehnaaz's way back home, Tiwari Ji called up to inform about his arrival. Being the landlord it was his duty to let the society's secretary know that there are 2 girls in his apartment, so they must not be deprived of the membership. 

"Aapne saman jama liya?" he asked, glancing at her clean bedroom. 

"Hanji.. Almost ho gaya hai.." she replied. 

"Bijli aur pani ka koi problem nahi hota hai yaha.. Bas kabhi kabhi garmi ke mausam me katauti hoti hai.. Utna manage karlengi aap?" he asked. 

"Hanji uncle.. Utna to humare punjab me bhi hota tha.." she smiled.

"Mai chalta hu phir.. Aur haa.." his phone rang halting his words, but he shushed the ring and continued. 

"Mai bas itna keh raha tha ki aaplog.." and his phone rang again. He received it to scold the person on the other end, while Shehnaaz decided to escort him out of courtesy. But the man was busy on the call, so she pulled out her phone, aimlessly scrolling and walking after him. Suddenly she bumped into someone, someone's chiseled hard front precisely. 

"Sorry.." both of them uttered at the same time. Sidharth looked at her, she raised her head too, passing a silly smile. He couldn't help but smile back at this cute stranger, he had not seen her before, is she the one who shifted a day ago? He thought. 

Before he could ask, "Sidharth! Kaise ho?" TiwariJi was back, he knew him, he had been to him once. 

"Mai theek hu uncle.. Aap?" he replied. And the two indulged into a small conversation before leaving. 

"Hi! Sidharth.." he forwarded his hand. 

"Shehnaaz.." she shook hands with him. 

"You're new here?" he asked, though he had almost guessed, she was Tiwari Ji's new tenant. 

"Hanji.. Kal hi aayi mai.." she replied. 

"Hm.. Maine dekha tha.." he blurted. 

"Toh pucha kyu?" she was quick to question. 

"Actually.. Maine saman unload hote dekha.." he elaborated. I didn't get to see you, it was hidden. 

"Oh.." she nodded.

"Ok then.." he said, bidding bye. 

"Yeah.. See you around.." words escaped her mouth and he smiled nonetheless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do vote and comment!

AJEEB DASTAN HAl YEH..♥️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें