PART 37

Ajeeb Dastan Hai Yeh

Part 37

18 months later: 

Shehnaaz was playing with hers and Sidharth's fingers, snuggling closer into him and feeling the warmth of their bodies. Enjoying the skin to skin intimacy. It was 5 in the morning and they had settled in the quilt, cuddling after rounds and rounds of their business in bed. She dozed off soon when she felt his fingers running through her hair and he smiled while putting her to sleep for a few hours before they would get started with their day. Well, it always felt like their first time together, the ecstasy, the need, the desires, the quench always topped. Now talking about other stuff, things changed a lot and for the good in the past 18 months. Shehnaaz had quit her job as a teacher after she completed one academic session to focus more on dance. It wasn't very difficult for her to manage her expenses with the amount of savings she had and besides them, she was now working under Komal, her senior choreographer. She'd mostly stay at Komal's studio, practicing and choreographing for her upcoming performances. Sidharth was doing well in the hospital, known for his expertise in the trauma department and handling serious cases. His knowledge, experience, calmness and quick response had made him the reason Maruthi hospital was known for. The constant ringing of Shehnaaz's phone got them awake again. 

"Itni subha kon call kar raha hai?" He opened his eyes and yawned irritatedly. 

"Good morning mam.. Hanji.. Okay.. I'll be there.." while Shehnaaz answered the call, sitting up half. 

"Nahi mam.. Koi problem nahi.. Aa jaungi mai.." she added much to his dismay. He understood what the call was about now, her so called 'Mam' wanted her to be in the studio early in the morning. Man, her employers are a pain in the ass, he thought. 

"Abhi bula rahi hai? It's just 7.30 in the freaking morning!" he said, making an ugly face. 

"Just 7.30? Muh mat bana.. Kaam se bula rahi hai mam.. Jana padega.." Shehnaaz replied, slipping her head through his T-shirt and getting out of the bed. 

"Mam.." he mimicked her tone, mocking her. 

"Teri problem kya hai?" she chuckled and asked, keeping her hands above her hips. 

He wore his shorts and got up from the bed too and continued to make ugly faces saying, "Kuch zyada hi kaam pe bula rahi hai teri 'Mam'? Sala chain se sone bhi nahi deti.. Usko tere se hi kaam hota hai.." he complained and she couldn't hold back from laughing out loud. 

"Ha.. Usko na mere se pyaar ho gaya hai.." she replied and laughed at her silly joke. 

"Ok.. Then ask her to back off.. Because I am your fucking fiancé!" he monotonously said, walking over to his wardrobe before going to the bathroom. My baby! She followed him and hugged his naked back that was still warm. 

"Fiancé bolne se hi samajh ajayega.. There's no need to add that we're 'F-ing'.." she joked.

Flashback : (4 months ago)

Shehnaaz had just returned from work and suddenly received a call from an unknown number one evening. It was her mother's husband, Jagjit Singh, who said he wanted to sell his house for some business investment and wanted her signatures because she owned half of the house. She was shocked, out of many things though. First, that she heard from that man in about 3 and a half years, the last time she remembered they had a conversation was when her mother had passed away and this man accused her of being their ill fate, a jinx that ate his wife. 'Kha gayi tu apni Maa ko! Mai jaa raha hu ye ghar chhad ke.. Tere naal iss chhat ke neeche hor ni sakda mai..!' Jagjit's cruel words rang inside her head again. But wait, he just mentioned selling their house? The house where they lived for 22 years altogether? How could he? How could he even think of selling the house he made with all his heart for his family? He loved that house too, didn't he?