PART 34

Sidharth had expected her to endure with him in the situation and to be patient with him a little more. Opening up wasn't his cup of tea, it's easy for some people while difficult for some. Not like he wasn't going to open up at all, it would gradually happen someday or the other. She was right that he shouldn't be keeping bothered thoughts inside for long because they'd surely become baggage someday. 

"Yaha kab tak rakhega? Aise na baatein andar rakh ke tera dum ghut jayega ek din.." he recalled. Well, it had already happened, his mere ill thoughts about failing a relationship had turned into his huge insecurity, a baggage that wasn't letting him live freely. He was almost done with his morning exercises in the ground all alone, Shehnaaz didn't arrive as per her words. She was a bubbly bird and one big hot headed chicken at the same time, he thought to coax her and ask her to give him some time to freely share those unpleasant pieces of past that he had thrown somewhere inside him like a crushed paper. But she seemed adamant about her decision, there were no morning messages, she didn't show up at the ground and left before he could drop her to the school so headed towards his work. He didn't like it, he had actually thought they'd solve it out and hug it out in the morning itself. Sometimes our thoughts are backed by so much insecurity that they create lies we believe. 

"Itni young hai vo.. Tumhari Shehnaaz... You think you two will be able to work it out? Tumhara aggression dekha hai usne? Do you know how difficult were you to deal with during times? Kar payegi vo? She'd leave you for guys of her age, Sidharth!"  Bhavya's words were the next to echo. Making him anxious, distressed and unable to focus on his work. 

Akbar found him a little lost while they were having lunch together and asked, "So how was Goa? Grabbed the booze and boobs or not?" he played with his eyebrows and gave away a naughty smirk. Sidharth grimaced at his words and asked if he could shut up. The duo carried on with their respective work after having lunch and operated a casualty case in the evening. Akbar was noticing the change in his friend, he wasn't checking his phone today! Big change! 

"Bro..All okay? Kisi baat se stressed hai?" he asked, walking into Sidharth's cabin and taking a seat opposite to his table. 

"Did anything happen in Goa?" Akbar was quick to catch by the way his friend seemed lost. 

"That conference yaar.. Bhavya aayi thi vaha.." Sidharth slumped his shoulders and pressed his forehead with his forefingers. 

"WTF! Bhavya!" Akbar was shocked, he knew his friend's history with that lady from their blooming love to their long distance hardships and the heart shattering breakup. 

"She was apologizing..and said that she wanted to get back with me.." Sidharth revealed. 

"Hain? Abey kya pagal aurat hai! She only had asked you to leave and now after 2 years she wants you back? And what about Shehnaaz.. What did she say?" he showered Sidharth with questions. 

"I asked her to just get lost.. Mujhe bahut gussa aaya yaar us time kasam se.. Aur Shehnaaz ko nahi bataya maine kuch.." Sidharth replied. 

"Kyu nahi bataya?" Akbar asked, confused. 

"Nahi le sakta bhai mai risk.. Nahi samajh payegi vo.. isi baat pe lafda ho gaya kal raat ko apna.." Sidharth sighed, getting up to lit up another cigarette. 

"Kya matlab nahi samjhegi? Tu samjha de!" Akbar shrugged as he followed him to their smoking corner. As simple as that!  

"Baat itni si nahi hai.. Usko pasand nahi ayega if I tell her I've been so serious with someone else and how badly it ended because of me.. Aur vaise bhi she is not at all sure about us.. Mai kaiko risk lu? Vo aur faltu ka is baat pe apna dimag lagayegi.. Even I don't want to look hopelessly broken..'' Sidharth shook his head, letting out a huge smoke cloud and passed his cigarette to Akbar.