PART 36

She's gone! For her own good..That's what I wanted right? So what if she got a little hurt in the process? Yeah.. That's what I'm good at... hurting people. I'm sorry Bhavya...for not turning out to be the forever and ever kinda guy you took me as. But there are two people in a relationship, right? Was it just me who broke your heart? Didn't you do the same to me? Sidharth let out a huge smoke cloud and waved it away with his hand. Throughout their way, from the hospital to Megamart to back home, he was extremely quiet. 

After getting changed from her place, Shehnaaz came to his place with an amazing idea to loosen him up. Alcohol! Something that really helps to make you feel light, says the experienced. Motivated to execute her mini mission, she looked around for him. He was in the balcony, leaning against the railing, lost in thoughts and fagging mindlessly. 

He crushed the tip of the cigarette when two short hands encircled him in a hug from behind. "Kab tak us bare me sochta rahega? Hmmm?" she asked, placing her cheek against his back. He honestly didn't have any answer to that so he kept mum and slowly turned around, when she tugged his hand. 

"Here.. Isse thodi der ke liye behtar lagega.." She handed him a beer bottle. 

"Yeh mere liye layi ya tujhe khud peene ka mann tha?" he asked, looking at her opening the bottle. 

"Tu na zyada mat bol.." she chided at his joke. 

Both stood side by side for a while before he broke the silence, "You really don't want to ask me anything about today's mishap?" he questioned, wondering how she could stay okay with whatever she saw in the evening. 

"Umm.. Nahi.. Jo bhi hua vo tere aur uske beech ki baat hai.. So.. I'm kind of okay.." she shrugged. No! I'm not okay.. I wanna know what made you sad when she was leaving? Her insides screamed but she maintained a composed state. 

"Shehnaaz..Jhoot mat bol.." he caught her, he knew her enough to see that she was so confused. 

"Toh kya karu? Mai nahi chahti hum phir se lade.. I don't know what to say yaar.. Ek taraf tune baat nahi karni usse related.. Aur upar se bolta hai puch!" she replied. 

"Dekh Sidharth.. Pyar vyar ke bare me mujhe zyada pata nahi hai.. But you should tell me if you still love her.. Movies me dekha hai maine people are not able to move on even after years.." she straight away spoke her fear out. The thing that had struck her mind since the first time she saw Bhvaya's eyes longing for Sidharth. 

"Wha..what the heck did you just say?" he barked. What rubbish! 

"Sabse pehle to tu apni bakwas movies dekhna band kar aur apne dimag se ye kachra nikal! Kisi se baat karli toh..pyar?" He ridiculed her words. 

"Acha sorry.. Meko bas laga.." she was quick to apologize and move close to him. 

"Laga! Toh? Tujhe laga mai usse pyar karta hu?" he spat. 

"Karta toh tha na? Tabhi toh itna hurt hua pada hai.." she replied. Dammit! She just hit the right spot. He looked away, left speechless now. 

"Sorry.." she apologized again, thinking she shouldn't have said that. 

"Do saal.. We dated for two long years.. Shayad pyar hi tha.." he sighed. She straightened her back and shifted a little closer to listen. 

"Monsoon medical camp.. We met there in 2017 and hit it off.." he added and sipped his drink, taking a pause. 

"Oh.." she nodded, encouraging him. 

"I didn't realize when Bhavya became a habit of mine.. We were together all the 24/7.. Kaam, khana, peena, rehna.. sab sath me.. things were falling in place mostly because she was from the same profession as mine.. So we used to talk about work.. Our patients.. Yaha tak ki friend circle bhi same hi ban gaya.. Ek compatibility thi.." he elaborated.