PART 9

Shehnaaz was taking biology classes in the 7th standard, today's topic was Reproduction in plants.

"The parts of a plant that participate in the process of reproduction are called reproductive parts or organs... In plants.. the reproductive parts are a flower which may have the male or female part or both the parts on the same flower.. there are two different methods of reproduction: Asexual and Sexual reproduction.."

She heard students at the back giggling at the mention of the word 'sexual'. Typical teenagers, some were new to the word while some laughed among themselves because they found it explicit. She gaped at their ruined thoughts, being the teacher here, she could not let those bunch of backbenchers disturb the decorum of her class and let the creepy thoughts prevail among the innocent minds.

"Students at the back! Please let me know.. Aap logo ko itni hasi kyu aa rahi hai??" she asked, walking towards them.

"Hanji you.. Stand-up!" she pointed at a boy sitting in the last, he stood up and a pin drop silence consumed the class.

"Ss..sorry mam'' he could only say.

"Pay attention in the class.. Reproduction in Plants is one of the most important and tough chapters.." she announced before continuing with her lesson again. Her day was anything but easy, being a teacher required a lot of patience, not to shout at those irritating kids.

Mondays were so hard, she recalled her amazing weekend, just a day ago she was having fun with her friends dancing and drinking in a club. She had a great time with Anna, Shubh and their friends, drinking like a fish. Occasional drinking wasn't going to harm.

Sidharth on the other hand was invited by Varsha for dinner, as a thank you. He initially wanted to deny but then he had no reasons to do so, he agreed for the sake of old times and ended up having a lavish dinner at her place. His weekdays brought him lots of test reports to go through, a chain of appointments and accidental cases that came uninformed. Done with his appointments, he walked into the small space near the parking lobby, it was a secret smoking zone, only doctors and some of the male staff knew about it. After all doctors were human too, they needed to let out the stress somewhere.

He saw Dr. Prakash had already engaged the space, he was an oncologist and his colleague.

"I was just leaving! Just a sec buddy.." Prakash emptied the space for and excused himself. Sidharth found it slightly unusual of him, they knew each other for years, he was a friend first.

'Drop me home..my car broke down' he received Akbar's text. He texted him back to meet him in the parking lot.

"Dr. Prakash.. Are you alright?" he asked, when he saw the doctor leaning against the wall outside.

"Am I that unusual?" Prakash asked.

"I'm afraid.. Sab theek hai ghar pe? You don't stay this late.." he said.

"Hm.. My uncle.." Prakash shrugged, he looked tense and tired. His coat hung folded in his arm and a file in the other.

He was about to speak when his phone rang, some emergency probably, "Sid.. I gotta go.." he hurriedly ran inside.

Sidharth made his way to his cabin to wrap up and texted Akbar,
'I'm done'

On not getting any reply, he thought to take a round, the policeman he operated last week had been shifted to a private general ward, he examined his stitches. He found Akbar and Prakash talking outside,

"Ajaa Sid.. I was in the onco ward.. Dr. Prakash ke uncle gir gaye the.." Akbar reveals.

"How? Abhi theek hai uncle?" he asked.