PART 38

Ajeeb Dastan Hai Yeh

Part 38

Sidharth and Shehnaaz were having dinner with Arohi and Sonal tonight, they used to go on double dates often. Soon after Shehnaaz had moved in with Sidharth, Sonal had moved in with Arohi and they were doing pretty good too. It was a good feeling for both the couples to live with their loved ones, cooking for them and sharing space with them. Arohi's parents were shocked and found it hard to digest that their daughter was into a girl. While Sonal's parents were highly disappointed and angry to accept this fact and disowned their daughter, for being a lesbian. But all of this was old news to them, they were pretty happy together now. Tonight, they were out to dine to celebrate two things, the first was Sonal's 30th birthday and second was Arohi's promotion. She was finally taking over the position of an RJ in the Radio City, after years of hard work. 

"Cake cut kare?" Shehnaaz happily arranged small candles on the cake for Sonal and everybody sang the birthday song together for her. Followed by popping up a bottle of champagne and dinner. 

"Thankyou for coming Sidharth.. Mujhe bahut acha laga tum dono aaye! You guys have been really supportive in the past months.. I.. I'm.." Arohi fumbled, getting overwhelmed and emotional under the influence of alcohol. 

"No need to thank me darling.. Mujhe lagta hai ab hume ghar chalna chaiye.. Hm?" He replied, sweetly and gestured Sonal to take her charge. 

"Sana.. Babe let's go.." Arohi grabbed her partner in crime, who was equally drunk and they left the table they were occupying. 

"Aru! Hum kuch bhool gaye.." Shehnaaz remembered.

"Arey ha! Ek.. Ek minute guys.. Shh.. Kisi ko batana mat.." Arohi turned back to shush her friends and pulled out a tissue paper to take away some mouth fresheners in it. 

"Free ki saunf aur toothpick!" Shehnaaz giggled, hiding the stuffed tissue paper in her handbag. 

"Hogaya tum dono ka? Chale ab?" Sidharth showed them the way and asked the valet to get his car at the exit. 

"Goodnight sir.. Goodnight mam.." the guy at the reception wished while opening the door for them. 

"Goodnight Vicky.." Arohi read the guy's name through his badge. 

"You look.. Handsome..!" Shehnaaz raised her brows in amazement, making him nervously smile. 

"Th..thank you mam.." the guy replied and got back to his work. 

"Get in the car Shehnaaz.." Sidharth said, rolling his eyes. She could drink freely around him, but then handling her would always be a task for him till they got home. 

"Okay..! Tune suna? Maine usko handsome bola.." Shehnaaz asked, turning to him and smirking. 

"Ha suna.." he replied. 

"I just flirted.. Sidharth!" she spoke, stepping closer. 

"I know.. Now get in!" He opened the car door and she sat in with a grumpy face. What's wrong with this man? He's okay if I flirt with another guy? Where did my possessive man go? Doesn't he love me anymore? She thought. Four of them settled in the car as Sidharth drove them home. 

"Kya hua isko?" Sonal asked, noticing Shehnaaz. 

"Chadh gayi hai.." Sidharth replied, watching her through the mirror, sitting in the back seat. Expectedly, she did give him a headache when they were back home. 

"Teko bura laga?" she asked him, walking into their apartment with him. 

"Nahi laga.." he replied.