PART 28

"I'll keep that in mind.." Shehnaaz smiled at Varsha and shortly nodded. She didn't like the way his friend was eyeing her top to bottom. 

"I know him personally.. Please don't ever hurt him.. In case you guys fight.." she mimicked Varsha and rolled her eyes and moved to the next section looking for Sidharth because she forgot what she was looking for. He was buying himself shaving stuff and she stood next to him, running her hand over the differently shaded hair colour sachets and pulled out two different shades of brown. 

"Teko pata.. School teacher hu isliye I'm supposed to maintain a decent look otherwise I loved testing colours with my hair.." she told him. He hummed, taking a few strands of her hair from back and toying it in between his fingers as he followed her to the next section. Done with shopping they had just reached the billing counter, when Varsha reappeared with her trolley. 

All of them passed each other a small smile and Varsha asked Sidharth, "Kitchen stuff ha? Tum kab se khana banane lage?" seeing him buying spices. 

Shehnaaz chuckled while he denied, saying, "Cook hai.." Varsha nodded and continued to ask. 

"Kitchen se yaad aaya.. Mess ka khana yaad hai? God! Itna bekar hota tha.." she said, reminiscing about their old days. 

"Ha.. Tasteless!" he agreed. 

"Aur mess ke bahar jo cafe tha? Our saviour.." she mentioned then. 

"Tushar ke Papa ka cafe tha, right?" he asked. 

"Yeah.. Mahim ka vo chota sa cafe abhi ek 5-star hotel ban gaya hai.." she replied. "Hm.. Bata raha tha Tushar.." he nodded. 

"How did you two meet?" Shehnaaz asked. She got interested in their talks and wanted to know how they got along. 

"I was interning with a city hospital at Mahim, mai PG me rehta tha.. Tushar mera schoolmate aur iska family friend hai.. Common friends.." he answered. 

"Aur mai girls PG me thi.. I was doing an MBA then.." Varsha answered for herself. "Oh.." Shehnaaz nodded. 

"It has been years.. It was 2006.." Sidharth had replied when Varsha corrected his words. 

"2007 Sid! We met at the cafe..right a month before your birthday yaar!" she said. Such a sharp memory! Shehnaaz thought and collected her bag after paying. Well, they must be really good friends if they've known each other since then and it has been more than 10 years now. 

"Kabhi chalenge Mahim.. Okay? Hey, Shehnaaz.. Yaha paas mein na ek diner hai.. Named Marco's.. Can we grab something from there if you two are free? It's amazing!" Varsha asked, as she continued to talk with them while walking down towards the parking lot. 

"It's really amazing.. Hum jate hai waha.." Shehnaaz replied looking at Sidharth and making him nod. 

"Sid has always liked that place.. We've been there a lot!" Varsha mentioned. 

"Really?" Shehnaaz stopped at her tracks for a second and smiled. Oh boy, that's not a smile. 

"Uh.. Hn.." he didn't know what to answer. 

"For dates.. Ya casually?" She turned to Varsha to ask now. 

"Ek baar hi gaye the..'' Sidharth answered on her behalf and tugged her hand slowly, showing her the direction of the car. 

"So.. You two carry on.. Mai chalti hu.. Bye!" Varsha backed, sensing the air around them tightening and left. Shehnaaz didn't speak in the entire ride and kept scrolling through her phone. The car stopped at the red light signal and Sidharth finally broke the silence. 

AJEEB DASTAN HAl YEH..♥️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें