PART 14

"Mujhe vo apnapan chahiye tha Sidharth.. Kisi ladke se baat karte dekh liya toh maar padti thi.. Meri pehli performance vali dress jala di thi unhone.. Jisko mai apna baap samajhti thi usne mujhe ek baar bhi beta nahi bulaya.. Mai bacchi thi toh samajh nahi aata tha.. Pata nahi kisi ke sath isse zyada bura ho sakta hai toh.."

Her words had been ringing inside his head since that day, the pain in her eyes, her choked voice. Damn! People need to normalize adoption, such behavior with a child is so not correct, it has ruined her childhood forever. But now that she was grown up, enough to not sulk over it, she had either skillfully masked up that child in herself or she was actually that bubbly girl he thought. She was bubbly, buoyant and amiable in real life, this was the real Shehnaaz, raw and beautiful. But she had baggage, the child inside her yearned for a family. No wonder she got fascinated everytime he used to talk about his father, how they used to have fun. Her eyes glinted with adoration for his memories, she couldn't help but be happy for him. Her childhood did lack a huge part of family's care and concern, love mostly but she was all grown up now, she wasn't upset that she couldn't have a family like his, she was glad she had a loving mother and good friends and she was fine with it.

Today's Friday, she had resumed school today and she was so happy about joining again. He had dropped her off at the bus stand when she was running late, dressed in a baby pink salwar suit and matching dupatta, she had walked out of the building in a hurry. He was used to seeing her in suits, short and long cotton kurtis paired with leggings and jeans as per her mood. She never wore something too heavy, her attire was always light and comfortable, she liked light colours. But today, when he had seen her adjusting her dupatta, tucking back hair strands behind her ear, clicking a quick selfie for a snapchat chat story in the passenger seat she was occupying, he felt something shifting inside him. She was very beautiful, sometimes hot and important of all, it was natural and eternal. That could be the reason he was getting attracted towards her. He focused on the road, trying to ignore that feeling.

He reached the hospital and began with his routine, checking on the patients and signing certain discharged papers.

"Dr.Sidharth.. We have an emergency.. On the 1st floor please.. ER 201.." his intercom buzzed with the Emergency room attendant's message. He made his way towards the elevator to reach the ER. There was a girl bleeding profusely from her head in the stretcher. 

"Quick.. Clean her.." he instructed the nurses, himself looking for an injury or cut. There were scratches all over her body, her head was hit with something really hard, the dust was indicating a brick or a stone. His heart dropped down to the pit of his stomach, when he noticed there were old burnt patches on her arm. He had been trained well to provide the patient all sorts of primary attention at the right time, he was experienced enough to connect the dots. She had been abused and it looked like a case of domestic violence. 

"Call Dr. Devi! Now!" he said, calling for the gynecologist, who would check on her further. 

"Phir se!" Dr. Devi came into the ER wearing her mask on the way. 

"It's the 2nd case in the week!" She stressed and checked for further wounds below her abdomen. Sidharth stitched the patient's head and came out signing the papers then Devi came out half an hour later and asked to call the police. 

"Police bulao yaar! I cannot see women getting thrashed in their houses and then thrown into the hospital like this!" She sat on the chair with a thud and signed the post operative norms with her teeth gritted. 

"Police must be reaching anytime.. Patient ke ghar vale nahi hai? We should talk to them.." he suggested. 

"Bhaad me gaye ghar vale Dr. Sidharth.. I'll hand them over to the police directly.. Aur patient mat bolo.. She's a victim! Mara pita.. Jalaya bhi usko.." Dr. Devi raged, he nodded. Then the two made their way out when the police came. 

AJEEB DASTAN HAl YEH..♥️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें