PART 7

"Look who's back!" Shehnaaz chirped seeing Sidharth waiting for her, outside the elevator.

He smiled wishing her morning and they left for the ground. They had made it a routine to go together, where she would stretch and skip ropes while he would exercise and complete his run and the two would jog together at last. She was smiling and he returned the favor, but kept thinking about last night, her words last night had disturbed his sleep as well. She was an insomniac! It meant she definitely had something troubling her up her head, which was so hardly visible on her face, were her almond eyes holding back a story?

He wanted to ask, he wanted to ask right away but he knew that would make her pull back and their brewing comfort will disappear into the air if he invaded her privacy and he would never do that, they still hardly know each other.

It was a Monday again, he smiled recalling that it had been exactly a week he had seen her. Done with his run, he turned to locate her, she was standing at the aloof rotating her arms in circular motion and called out loud for her.

"Aaj.. dhoop bahut hai na..?" she panted, wiping the sweat off her forehead.

"Hm" he nodded, continuing to jog.

"Shehnaaz.. Kal jab tune bola tha tujhe neend nahi aati.." he began with the main topic.

"Since when are you not able to sleep?" he asked.

"Um.. Kafi time se.. Al..almost 2 years.." she said, keeping her eyes on the track, he was shocked with the answer but managed his expressions.

"Oh! Aur konsi pills le rahi ho?" He asked again, keeping eyes on her facial expressions, they weren't hard, she looked fine.

"Doxepin" she answered. As far as he knew, it was an antidepressant, something to deal with anxiety and for those who had troubles while sleeping. He wasn't wrong when he had thought that it could be her past, something could be troubling her,

"Prescription hai tumhare paas?" he asked.

"Umm.. Nahi.." she mumbled, it had been months she saw her doctor.

"Don't tell me you're taking them on your own!?" he warned.

"Nahi! Maine doctor ke bolne pe hi liya hai.. Bas wo prescription vala paper nahi hai.." she answered.

"Okay. So do you want to talk about it?" he asked, very calmly.

"About what?" she asked, faking innocence.

"About what makes you take these.. Koi reason hoga na jo tujhe neend nahi aati.. Shayad tere man me kuch baat ho.." he looked at her intently as she finally faced him, her heart beats increased involuntarily, he was damn right! But she didn't want to talk about it, not now at least, it was going to be an important day for her, she would join the school today. Her first day at work, she wanted to stay all positive, happy, confident and new.

"I'm fine Sidharth.. Koi bahut badi nahi hai neend ka na aana.. Common hai.." she shrugged.

"Sure.. Hoga common.. But my point is.. You'll feel good if you talk.. Only if you're comfortable.." he elaborated, she nodded.

"Hum raat me baat kare? I don't want to talk about it now.." she requested. He agreed, knowing that patience is the key.

In baby blue kurti paired with skinny jeans, Shehnaaz stepped out of her cab, Wish me luck Amma.. With these words she entered the building of Babylon Public School and asked the peon about Mrs Reddy, the Head Mistress, to whom she was supposed to report. "Hello dear.." a middle aged lady dressed in a white saree appeared.

AJEEB DASTAN HAl YEH..♥️जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें