PART 5

"Ms. Shehnaaz Kaur Gill.. I see you've 8 months of teaching experience in Blue Lotus Public School, Amritsar..." the Vice Principal of St. Thomas mentioned turning the pages of her resume.

"Yes sir.." she said, sitting in front of him in the Principal's chamber.

"So what's your teaching style.. I mean what is your approach towards the students ?" he asked.

"I keep a realistic approach towards the students.. Children learn faster when they find the subject interesting.. So I try my best to explain them practically more, because that's how science is.." she answered.

"Okay.. And about handling children.. How strict are you?" he asked.

"I'm not a very strict teacher.. I honestly believe that a friendly relationship between the teacher and her student would make the learning easy.. I will definitely scold when someone goes overboard.." she answered truthfully. 

He suddenly cuts her through, "What about discipline? A teacher must be strict enough to handle a class of 30 kids.. Don't you think?" he asked.

"Sure sir.. I agree.." she stuttered, losing her confidence passing every minute. She answered a few more questions, to her dismay his tone wasn't as gentle. Oh this interview was a total flop, it almost felt like they wouldn't ever call her back, her very first interview and she failed. Why would they hire a teacher like her? She bit her lips to try to pull back the tears, remembering how she was stuttering in front of the interviewer, like a fool.

She booked a cab and first made her way to the pharmacy, "5 strips.. Doxepin 25mg.." Her day was so ruined, but the fake smile helped and nobody at the academy could actually notice that she was fine or not.

"You overthink a lot and then it makes you restless. Try thinking about the positive side of it, kaisi bhi situation ho, the moment you think negative, then you won't be able to give your best. " She recalled her counsellor's words.

Sidharth in the hospital was feeling different, his morning had been nevertheless happy. Getting busy with the patients, he operated on the senior citizen, who was admitted two days ago, after his chest pain grew abruptly. 

A large hematoma over the left plank had developed making the patient experience respiratory distress, so they placed a mesh, covering the defect as a support beneath the ribs and secured it by sutures to the overlying ribs. 

"He's still critical.. Age is a hard factor too.. Take care.." he told the patient's family, making way to his cabin, did a last round check at the girl he operated the previous day and wrapped up. 

He glanced at his phone a couple of times while having dinner, wasn't she supposed to call him.

He kept plates in the sink and his phone pinged just then.

'U comin?' she had texted and he supposed she would call and invite him to the terrace! He sent a thumbs up, shoving the phone in his pocket and locked his apartment making his way out. She was there, in loose nightwear like always.

"What's up?" he began. 

"Mere message ka wait kar raha tha..?" she asked directly, he was so taken off-guard. 

"Huh?"

"Kya? Maine dekha tha tujhe ghar pe ghumte huye.." she said. 

"Ghar pe kaise dekha bey?" he asked curiously. 

"Tu 13th floor pe rehta hai na.." she asked, waiting for him to nod and continued once he did. 

"Mai bhi 13th floor pe hi hu.. Toh teri balcony se andar living room dikhta hai.. Yadi door khula ho to.." she added. He was surprised, she was watching him!