PART 10

(1 month later)

Shehnaaz adjusted herself in the metrocity, all well and good. She was able to sleep on her own mostly, her jogging and dance classes were tiresome enough to put her to sleep. A routine would be the exact word she had not followed, that caused her a disturbed sleep cycle. She was happy about getting that thing fixed and living like normal people. Talking of now, she was playing scrabble with Sidharth at his place, the board game she bought when she visited Megamart.

"Arohi bolti hai usko time nahi hai.. Tu khelna mere sath scrabble!" she requested.

"Thik hai.. Yaha le aana board.." he agreed.

"Yaha terrace pe light dikh rahi hai tujhe?" she snapped, there was just a namesake lamp where they had been comfortably enjoying walking around in the faint light.

"Toh?" he asked, where else would they have this playdate then?

"Mere ghar chal.." he had suggested.

"Tere ghar?!" she whispered. They haven't ever been to each other's place yet, they never needed to.

"Are you sure? Mai tere ghar..." she was slightly nervous, though the thought of two adults inviting each other to play a board game was funny. But was it practical? They never judged what they had, their equation was unnamed yet it was comforting, they would hang out, get drunk and dine out sometimes.

"Kyu?Koi problem hai?" he asked, being a girl, it was normal of her to give it a thought rather than agreeing instantly to come over to a guy's place, but he could be trusted, couldn't he?

"Nahi.. Okay I'll be there.. Beer honi chahiye bas.." She agreed, it would be better if he didn't show up at her place. Arohi was leaving no chance to pull her leg, she had already made them a couple meeting typically Bollywood style up at terrace, hiding their relation from the world. So letting Arohi meet Sidharth and create an embarrassing scene was not at all an option.

She was amazed at what she saw would be an understatement when she entered his apartment, a 3BHK. A palatial living room welcomed her, suited with deluxe home furnishing and she concluded the doctor was filthy rich! Then her eyes laid on the glass top table carrying a laptop surrounded by an empty tea cup and some papers sprawled around. He collected the stuff after he followed her gaze and asked her to sit.

"This is such a beautiful apartment! Mujhe curtains ache lage.." she complimented, the silk draped curtains so apt in colour combination with the walls, classy!

"Thanks.. Mom aur maine kiya hai.." he smiled and got her beer cans. They settled against each other with the board in between them and began shuffling the small letter tiles in their respective pouches, when she spoke,

"Tujhe rules toh pata hai na? No abbreviations! And let me tell you tu apne doctor vale words use nahi karega!" she warned, it was there arrangements that he won't misuse his medical knowledge.

"Tujhe pata hai na.. You can't use rofl, lmao, fyi, af, wtf and all here.." he teased, she used these so called short forms a lot in her texts, it made him go crazy. In the beginning he thought she might have mistakenly sent those meaningless words.

"Old school kahi ka.." she muttered under her breath. "Chal chal abhi shuru kar.." she brushed him off and made two columns to note down their points on a blank page.

"By the way.. Winner ko kya milega?" she asked.

"Mujhe kuch nahi chahiye.." he smirked.