Pranks and Kisses

Pranks and Kisses

NO MIST

When Katie first started dating Travis, she swore she would never get in on a prank

She knew that dating a son of Hermes would come with its challenges — especially since a lot of her siblings and friends looked like she had just agreed to marry a Greek monster.

Katie knew she was crazy herself but there was something about Travis that made her hands clammy and cheeks hot and heart skip a beat every time he looked at her with eyes that light up and a lopsided smirk on his lips, a smile that he only seemed to reserve for her.

She couldn't deny that it made her feel special

That didn't change the fact that Travis drove her half mad sometimes

Like now for instance as Travis stands in front of her drenched in what Katie hoped was red paint — although it was sticky and thick and somehow still warm enough to be blood (and it wouldn't surprise her if the Ares cabin did manage to get their hands on real blood, although Katie wouldn't even begin to guess how) Katie rested her hands on her hips and tried to control the little skip in her heart as Travis gave her that lopsided grin and she scrunched her eyebrows into a frown "What did you do now?"

A simple question that had the boy in front of her squirming "Now now, Katie-Kat"

A nickname that only he used, usually it was used as a term of endearment but now he was used it as a way to get out of trouble and that's how Katie knew her boyfriend had really screwed up. Anger sparked in her gut, clouding her judgement and now she just wanted to know how deep of a hole Travis has dug himself into and what and who she needed to calm down ( read: bribe ) in order for them to throw Travis a rope

"Travis" Katie said lowly, a warning in her tone "What did you do?"

Travis shifted uncomfortably. He was trapped with no way out and it was not a position a seasoned criminal let alone a son of Hermes wanted to be in. One thing that the older Stoll brother had learnt from a young age and from the others in his cabin was always look for an exit. Never back yourself into a corner that you know you can't get out of. It was one of the golden rules right after the easiest way to steal something is to say you are going to steal something else and so you're victim's attention is moved somewhere else and you can get to work.

Travis completely ignored those two rules

And he really, really screwed up.

But as he looked into the angry eyes of his girlfriend. He realised that if he was trapped — which he was damn sure he was — he wouldn't want to be trapped anywhere else. Even with anger in her green eyes there was a softness that made the curly haired demigod feel like he was home. He wasn't one for mushy sentiments or promises that he knew he couldn't keep and he knew he drove Katie up the wall and honestly there was times that Travis wondered how in the Hades he had managed to catch a girl like Katie in his net (that wasn't a metaphor it was literal but once again it is a story for another time) he knew he didn't deserve her but he would work every day until he was

"What did you do?" Katie asked again, a light dusting of pink heating up her cheeks. She was always one to blush easily she couldn't help it and by the way Travis was looking at her it was almost impossible not to blush it didn't matter how mad she was at him. He looked at her with so much love in his eyes like she deserved the world and even covered in what she prayed was red paint was the most precious thing that Katie had seen.

"Give me thirty seconds to come up with a good story" Travis said with a grin as he looked up at her, paint dripping ( or what he hoped was paint he himself wasn't entirely sure ) in his hair that had flopped over his eyes and he was rewarded with a slap on the back of his head. He winced the words falling from his mouth almost instinctively as he had said it Chiron more than a hundred times but Chiron's anger has nothing on the anger

"Thirty seconds. Now"

"I'm going to need more"

Katie sighed but said nothing more she knew the more ed Travis the harder it would be to get what really happened out of him. She waited ntly with her arms folded over her chest, offering Travis no way out of this. She knew he wouldn't lie to her but as a son of Hermes he would try and find a way out of this, it was in his blood

"Remember I love you"

"I love you too" Katie beamed, excitement buzzing in her chest "Now spill"

"Alright, alright you pull no punches do you? You know you should be a child of Ares, although nobody but me knows how violent you really are do they my dear?" Travis asked, flashing her a flirty grin and Katie blushed despite hearing comments like this from Travis before, she wondered whether him being the son of Hermes made him more adept at flirting although he assured her he wasn't and only flirted with girls as pretty as Katie — and there was nobody as pretty as Katie which she would reply with an eye roll and a 'your an idiot' "Okay so Connor and I have been planning to prank the Ares Cabin for months — weeks of scouting and even more weeks of planning to make sure everything went off without a hitch. We had finally got it right and today was supposed to be the day that we did it. Switched all the weapons in the cabins with fake ones. It was supposed to be a quick job in and out and Connor was the look out but when I snuck in more than half the Ares cabin was waiting for me and dumped what I hope is paint of me"

"Okay I hope that's paint because that is going to suck for you if it isn't" Katie said, her tone a mix of stern amusement "And don't hate me but I think you've been set up"

Travis's eyes widened "Why would you think that—?"

"Because when is Connor ever the look out?"

A not very nice curse towards his brother flew out of Travis's lips, and Katie reached out and grabbed Travis's hand, her thumb running over his knuckles in an effort to calm him down.

A few minutes later a smirk tipped her lips and Travis looked up at his girlfriend curiosity clouding his eyes as Katie stated to speak "I think we should pay him back a little"

Surging forward Travis captured Katie in a hug and Katie squealed and tried to pull back but it was too late, she was already covered in the sticky red substance and so she just accepted her fate and hugged Travis and sighed when Travis kept kissing up and down her neck and jaw "That's my girl"

"I'm always going to be your girl as long as you don't do anything stupid that leads me to wanting to kill you" Katie chuckles, moving forward so that she captured Travis's with her own, the taste of paint swapping between them tasting like thick tar but neither of them cared about it, too caught up in the moment

"I like the sound of that"

"I thought you would"

"Yes now I don't know about you but I want to get out of these clothes"

"You're the one that got red paint on me anyway Trav"

"I know but you don't mind"

"Maybe I'm just biding my time" Katie whispered in his ear after just kissing below his ear "Maybe I'll get you one day"

And with that, Travis slid his hand into Katie's and they both took of running ready to repay Connor Stoll

He wouldn't know what hit him.