Chapter Twenty Five

Valerie’s POV

I blinked in confusion as I sat up on the bed. The cold air brushed against my naked body, making me shiver. I pulled the blanket up to cover myself and I wrapped it around my body. I felt thirsty so I slid out of bed and made my way to the kitchen.

I was surprised to see Axel sitting on the table in his boxers, drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. I thought he had already gone to work and left me here alone. I felt embarrassed as the memories of last night came flooding to me. Ibinaba niya ang dyaryong binabasa niya at tumingin sa akin. His brows shot up. “If you’re going to be watching me, at least join me for breakfast.”

“I’m… I’m just going to get a glass of water.”

“Val, please, sit down.” He sighed. “We need to talk.”

I slowly walked up to the table, pulled a chair in front of him and sat there. There was a few moments of awkward silence between us.

“Just what the hell did you think you were doing last night? You are such an irresponsible little snitch!” He said in an irritated tone.

“I’m not irresponsible! I was just having fun with my friends. I didn’t do anything wrong.” I frowned.

He let out a sarcastic snicker. “Not irresponsible? What would you call it, then? You were drunk! Hindi mo kilala ang ugali ng lahat ng tao doon. Paano kung napagsamantalahan ka. Kagabi nga lang akala mo ahas kung makapulupot sa’yo yung Aaron na yun.” He breathed through his nose.

“He’s my friend. He was just trying to sober me up.” Sabi ko. 

 “Wala akong pakialam kahit kaibigan mo iyon, lalaki pa rin iyon! Paano kung bigla ka na lang iuwi nun-”

“Hindi lahat ng lalaki katulad mo!” I said, losing my temper.

“Katulad ko? What do you mean by that Valerie? Kahit kailan hindi kita pinagsamantalahan. Wala akong ginawa sa’yo na hindi mo ginusto.”

“Hindi mo ba naisip na pwedeng gusto ko rin kung anuman ang posibleng mangyari sa amin kagabi.” I snided.

His jaw clenched ans his eyes narrowed guardedly at me. I looked at him with equal intensity. It was like a staring contest which I lost. I sighed as I tried to keep my tears at bay. “Bakit ikaw pwede mong gawin kahit anong gusto mo? Pwede kang umuwi kahit kailan mo gusto ng hindi ako pwedeng magtanong kung saan ka nanggaling. You can spend the night with any woman while I’m stuck here waiting for you like a dog for its owner.” I swallowed what felt like a lump in my throat. “I love you but please, don’t keep doing this to me. Nasasaktan din ako.”

His face suddenly soften and quickly changed in to a confused look. “What are you talking about? Sa tingin mo, may kasama akong babae noong isang gabi? I was at a business auction party.”

“Nagpakatanga na nga ako sa’yo lalo mo pa ‘kong ginagawang tanga. You were with Tricia, your girlfriend.”

“You mean Patricia?” His brows lifted in a wry arch. “Yes, I was with her at the party but I was also with my dad and her dad. She isn’t my girlfriend. How did you know I was with her?”

“Tumawag ako sa’yo kasi nga nag-aalala ako.” I answered.

“I swear to God, Tricia is not my girlfriend and nothing happened between us.” He said.