Chapter Twenty Two

Axel’s POV

I parked my car in front of Aubergine and got out of it. My heart felt like it was slamming against my ribs as I walked towards the restaurant. Kanina pa ako hindi mapakali sa opisina kakaisip kung sino ang kumuha ng video na iyon. I was more worried for Valerie than I was for myself. Kapag kumalat ang video siya ang mas maapektuhan. Everybody had already seen my nude photos so it wouldn’t be much of a big deal for me. Pero si Valerie… fuck! I couldn’t stand the thought of other people seeing her in all her glory. I wouldn’t give a single fuck if she wasn’t involved.  

A receptionist greeted me as soon as I got in. I gave her my name and she escorted me to a table in the corner of the room. A familiar figure of a woman was already seated with her back to me. Kahit hindi ko pa nakikita ang mukha niya, alam ko na kung sino iyon sa hugis ng katawan niya. Never could I forget the curves of her body. What the hell was she doing here? Dahan-dahan akong lumapit sa mesa. She quietly watched as I pulled out the chair across from her and sat.

“Axel…” Mahinang sabi niya.

“Pinadalhan ka din ba ng video?” I asked, trying to hide my concern. "Huwag kang mag-alala gagawa ako ng paraan. I'll fix this shit,"

“I was the one who sent you the video.” She said in a small voice, avoiding my gaze.

“What?” I growled in outrage as I clenched my hand into a fist and slammed it on the table. I knew it! Pinaglaruan na naman ako ng brat na ito! I knew she was up to something! Tumaas-baba ang dibdib ko sa sobrang galit. I couldn't fucking focus on my work earlier because of that goddamn video. Nag-alala ako para sa kanya pero malalaman kong siya rin pala ang may gawa nun. Laro lang ito sa kanya. She probably went home giggling and gossip about me with her friends after what happened at the party.  

Her eyes widened in surprise. She tensed, startled. “A-axel…”

“Is this one of your pranks again?” I asked through gritted teeth. “This isn’t funny, Valerie.”

“I want you, Axel.” Her voice was soft but firm with determination. “If this is the only way I could have you then be it.”

“What are you going to do? Ikakalat mo ang video?” My lips curled in a sarcastic sneer.

“Yes.” Agad na sagot niya.

I stared at her face for a few moment. She silently stared back at me with a stern expression. She wasn’t kidding, she was dead serious. My sneer slowly turned into a scowl. “Nandoon ka din sa video. Ano’ng gagawin mo? You’re going to blur yourself out?” I shook my head in exasperation. “Go ahead, Valerie. Feel free. Hindi mo ako matatakot.”

“Hindi ka natatakot?” Her brows arched a threat. “Hindi ba matagal na kayong magkaibigan ni Tristan? Ano na lang ang sasabihin niya kapag nakita niya ang video natin? Do you think he and dad would like it?”

“You brat…” My eyes narrowed at her. “What the hell are you planning to do?”

“Exactly what I told you I would do.” Sabi niya. “Ikakalat ko ang video natin. And don’t worry, I won’t blur myself out.”

“Hindi mo magagawa iyon.” I said as I glared at her.

“Magagawa ko at gagawin ko kapag hindi ka sumunod sa mga gusto ko.” She said in a serious and somber manner.