Chapter Thirty Five

Axel's POV

I urgently slammed the door to my condo unit open, hoping to see Valerie there. The house was still and quiet, the silence was almost deafening. I slowly walked towards the door to my room and pushed the door handle down to open it. There wasn't much difference. It was still quiet, empty... no Valerie in sight. I walked in to find some of her clothes scattered on the floor and on the bed, trailing from the closet door. It was as if she had left in a hurry. I let out a curse, I sat down on the edge of the bed to catch my breath. I could feel my body limp. My chest felt heavy.

It slowly sank into me as I sat there feeling like a fucking failure. I lost her. I lost the best thing that has ever happened to me. I fucked up again. I always do. This time she gave up on me. The woman who loved me unconditionally for everything I was and everything I wasn't gave up on me. The only woman that actually understood me left me. I thought it was the right thing to do. Keep it from her. I fucked up real bad.

Valerie's POV

"Are you okay?" Trina asked with a hint of worry on her voice as she stroke my hair. "You haven't left your room for five hours."

I hadn't realized I'd been crying for five hours. Bumalik ako sa bahay na tinutuluyan namin magkakaibigan. It was the only place I thought to run to. I wasn't ready to go back to the hacienda. My friends were the only people I knew I could run and cry to. I told them about Axel and our relationship. I told them we had been living together and I told them about what I just found out today. They listened and comforted me while I cried my eyes out.

Just a good cry, that was all I need and then I would go on with my life. I wasn't going to let this get the best of me. I would forget about him and move on.

"Yeah. I'm just tired." My voice squeeked as I swallowed my sob.

"It's just a guy, you know." She sighed. "You'll get yourself another. A better one."

I sat up, my back against the headboard. I surprised myself when a chuckle rose from my throat. She made it sound as easy as buying a brand new bag. It was the first time I had ever laughed today and it felt so good. She looked at me as if I was crazy but it then she laughed along with me and shook her head.

"You'll be fine." She gently said. "Siya ang nawalan, hindi ikaw. Nag-iisa ka lang, no! The ever beautiful Valerie Zamora. Saka hindi naman siya ganun kasarap." I glanced at her and snickered like a little girl. Oh, we both know how he was in bed. She smiled, rolling her eyes at me. "Okay, fine. Maybe he is... just a little."

We both burst into laughter. I laughed so hard that tears started pouring it my eyes. I couldn't stop it even if I wanted to. Soon enough, my laughter turned into quiet tears. She pulled my head to her shoulder and I leaned on it. Trina stroked my hair as I cried again.

The door opened and Venus stood there with a grim expression on her face. "He's outside." She said.

"Who's outside?" Tanong ni Trina.

"Si Axel. He's looking for Valerie." Venus answered. "Kausap siya ni Amy."

They both turned their attention to me. I leaped out of the bed and ran out of the room. Amy was standing in front of the door, blocking it, and I could hear her talking to someone. I quietly walked to the window to the right of the door and peaked out of the curtain. I saw Axel standing outside with his hands tucked into his pockets. His face was dark and tensed.

"For the third time, Axel, wala nga dito si Valerie! Hindi pa siya nagpupunta o dumadaan dito." I could hear Amy shouting in frustration.

"Don't hide her from me. Alam kong nandyan siya. Sa inyo lang naman siya tatakbo." He said in a calm but stern voice. "I just need to talk to her. Please, Amy, I'm begging you."