Chapter Eighteen

Valerie’s POV

I did an interview with Cindy but I knew it was just only for formality’s sake. Natanggap din agad ako sa trabaho at ngayon ang unang araw ko. I wore a beige chiffon top that slightly revealed my cleavage, a black figure hugging pencil skirt and pair of black fuck-me stilettos. I needed to look pretty for Axel. I wanted to give him something to look at. Tignan ko lang kung hanggang kailan siya makakatagal na hindi ako pansinin. I would do everything just to make him look at me. Even just a single glance would do.

Humanda ka, Atticus Xavier Enrique Lavigne. Wala pa akong ginusto na hindi ko nakuha.

He couldn’t just use me and throw me away like he did to the past women in his life. Hindi ako magiging katulad ng mga babaeng nagdaan sa buhay niya. I’d  make him fall in love with me. He would be mine. Whatever it  takes.  

I came in early to work. Naglalakad ako sa hallway papunta sa room na sinabi ni Cindy na puntahan ko ng makita ko si Axel. He was absolutely sigh inducing in his hand-tailored business suit. Everything about him reeked of confidence and power. A potent aphrodisiac when mixed with a defined, strong body and chiseled facial feautures. He had this cold yet alluring demeanor. He held an air of importance as he walked, like a king in his castle. He was looking straight ahead with a cold, stoic expression. It was as if everything went on slow motion habang papalapit siya sa akin. Bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko.

“Good morning, Axel.” I said as he walked past me.

He suddenly stopped mid-walk and turned to face me. I felt my throat dry and I swallowed as I looked at him. His dark eyes pierced through me as if he was looking at my soul. “It’s Mr. Lavigne to you.”

“I – I’m sorry… Mr. Lavigne.” I said in a small voice.

He gave me a single nod bago siya tumalikod sa akin at nagpatuloy sa paglalakad. Parang ibang lalaki ang nakasama ko sa hacienda sa lalaking nakaharap ko ngayon. He was acting like he never knew me at all. Like he never… fucked me. Dahil ba sa nakuha niya na ang gusto niya sa akin? He had already added me to his list of conquest and now he was done with me. I sighed to ease the heaviness in held my chin up. No, I shouldn’t pity myself. I should be fighting.

Remember why you’re here, Valerie. Brush it off and keep going.

Hindi ako ganun kadali sumuko. Before I left the hacienda, I vowed to myself that I would never go back there with a broken heart. And I couldn’t let myself down. I finally found the room I was looking for and knocked.

“Good morning, Valerie.” Cindy greeted me with a smile when she opened the door. Nawala ang ngiti niya ng tignan niya ako. “Bakit parang namumutla ka?”

“Napagod lang siguro ako sa biyahe.” Dahilan ko.

“Do you want to sit down and have some water or coffee first?” She politely asked.

I shook my head. “No, thanks.”

“Well then, halika na at dadalhin na kita sa office mo.” She said. Cindy took me to another room. The room had ivory white walls and one side of the wall was made of glass that gave us a perfect view of the city. There were three cubicles in the room. Each of had a desk made of some type of dark wood, a chair, and a computer. Dinala ako ni Cindy sa cubicle na malapit sa pinto. Sabi niya iyon na daw ang workplace ko. She then began explaining to me what I needed to do. Pagkatapos niya akong turuan ng lahat ng kailangan kong malaman ay umalis na siya.

I had two new co-workers. One of them was a woman named Nicole and the other was a guy named Cooper. They both seemed nice kaya madali ko silang nakasundo. Dahil bago pa lang ako and this was my first job ever, tinulungan din nila ako sa mga gagawin ko.