Chapter Forty Five

Axel's POV

It started to rain really hard as I waited for Valerie on the front porch of their house. May nakapagsabi sa akin na nakita nilang sumama si Valerie kay David. It was dark and it was raining and I was getting more worried. She was with that man in God knows where doing God knows what. Fuck! I could feel the fury spreading all over my body at the thought of her being with another man. I can't just sit here and do nothing.

"Axel." Jaime's voice pulled me from my thought. He appeared from the front door and walked towards where I was standing.

"Jaime." I said, acknowledging his presence.

"What are you still doing here?" He asked. "It's raining cats and dogs out here and it's already past ten."

It was? I hadn't noticed the hours passing by.

"Hindi pa ba umuuwi si Valerie?" I asked, worried. "We need to talk."

He shook his head. "She just called me. Nasa bahay siya nila David at bukas na daw siya makakauwi. Delikadong bumiyahe pa sila ng ganitong madilim at malakas ang ulan. You better go to your place and get some rest."

My jaw clenched along with my hands. I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing that Valerie was sleeping at another man's house. Fuck no! Susunduin ko siya kahit saang impyerno pa ang bahay niyang David na 'yan.

"Where does he live?" I blankly asked.

Jaime sighed, shaking his head. "Mabuti pa magpahinga ka na. Makakapaghintay naman ang kung anuman ang kailangan niyong pag-usapan."

I shook my head. This couldn't wait tomorrow. I needed to get Valerie and take her home. I wouldn't let her spend the night with that motherfucker, hell be damned if I do. I had to ask a few workers where David lives and as soon as I found out I ran, not minding the rain, to the horse stables to get a horse. I had been working at the hacienda long enough to learn some basic horse riding skills. I still wasn't too confident about it but what the hell! Si Mitsy naman ang sasakyan. She was tamer than most horses here.

"Baby, we'll get your mommy, okay? Can I count on you?" I asked as I stroked her white nose. She made a soft neighing sound, I guessed it was a yes. I had been around horses so much that I started to sometimes talk to them. I treat Mitsy like how Valerie treats her, she was our baby.

Sumampa ako sa likod niya. I tugged the bridle to make her run. The rain was heavy and it was almost pitch black that I could barely see where I was going. To top if off, wasn't smooth either. It was rocky, slippery because of the rain, and it had ridges in places. I was relieved when Mitsy got me to David's house safely. You wouldn't miss it. It was the biggest and grandest house there. In front of me stood an elegant french style villa. I got off Mitsy and walked to the front door. I was as wet as the streets. My shirt clothes clung to me, dripping heavy with rain and sweat. I pressed the doorbell and after a few rings a uniformed maid opened it.

"Magandang gabi po, ano pong kailangan nila?" The woman asked.

"Si Valerie?" I demanded.

"Si ma'am Valerie po? Nasa taas na po siya at nagpapahinga." She answered.

"I need to talk to her." I said, pushing my way in.

"Sir, bawal po kayong pumasok. Baka mapagalitan ako nina ma'am at sir." The woman tried to push me out but I didn't budge.

"Valerie!" I looked up at the second floor and shouted for her. Soon there were two men coming right at me and they held both my arms each. I violently flailed my arms in hopes of escaping from their grips as I shouted Valerie's name over and over.