Chapter Forty Nine

Valerie's POV

"Look at my ring." I held my hand out in front of their faces with a large beam on my face. I called my friend out and invited them out for lunch so I could tell them the good news. They needed to know! "Isn't it beautiful?"

"Oh my god!" Amy gasped, staring at it with wide sparkling eyes.

"It's so pretty." Venus said, taking my hand and looking at it up close.

"Axel gave it to me. Galing pang Russia yan, it's the highest quality of diamond." I proudly said.

"That's from Axel?" Tanong ni Trina.

"Yes! He finally asked me to marry him." I excitedly said.

"Shut up!" Hindi makapaniwalang sabi niya.

"Don't tell us you're pregnant?!" Venus exclaimed.

"Buntis ka?" Amy asked.

"No, I'm not pregnant 'no! Nakakaloka!" I said with my best impression of Kris Aquino.

"Then why are you two getting married?" Trina gave me a puzzled look.

"Because I love him and he loves me." I smiled.

"Oh God! I can't believe this. You're getting married to Atticus Xavier Enrique Lavigne?! Baka naman ilusyon mo lang yan." Venus said, skeptical.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Hindi, no! He even asked my dad for my hand in marriage. Huwag kayong mag-alala kahit hindi kayo naniniwala dati na ikakasal kami ni Axel, invited pa din kayo sa wedding namin. Sabi ko naman sa inyo, what Valerie wants, Valerie gets."

"Is this the real life?" Amy still couldn't believe it.

"You guys are so supportive of me talaga." I sarcastically said.

"We just couldn't believe it but we're all happy for you." Sabi ni Trina. She got up from her seat and walked towards me, giving me a hug. "Congratulations, future Mrs. Lavigne."

The two of them joined in too and we shared a group hug. I could feel their support and love for me. I told them how he proposed to me in the hospital and how he begged for my dad's blessing. They listened with focused attention as if they were watching a good chick flick movie.

"I can't believe Axel would ever do that." Venus said.

"I didn't know he was that romantic." Trina sighed, dreamily.

"I've always thought he was just a penis with a body attached to it." Amy giggled.

"Hey, don't talk that way about my fiancee." I frowned.

"I'm sorry. Now that he's going to be your husband. Promise, kalilimutan ko na the hot night we shared together." Amy raised her right hand.

"Yeah, I guess I'll have to forget about his big... ego, too." Trina snickered.

"Oh and his touch and the way he moans and groans." Venus bit her bottom lip.

"Seriously, stop it..." I said, unsmiling. I knew it was all in the past but I couldn't help but get jealous. Hello! They were talking about my future husband. They had seen his naked body before I did, they had tasted him before I did... Mas nauna pa sila sa akin pero di bale, na sa akin naman ang huling halakhak.

"We're just teasing you." Natatawang sabi ni Trina.

"From now on, it never happened." Amy grinned.

"I'm so glad you're not pregnant. I can't imagine what you'd look like with a big belly." Venus winced.

"Not to mention those disgusting stretch marks! May sister had stretch marks when she got pregnant, you'll ruin your flawless skin." Sabi naman ni Trina.