Chapter Twenty One

Valerie's POV

A small moan escaped my lips when my hand reached across the bed for Axel but realized he wasn’t there anymore. My eyes fluttered open to see that his side of the bed was empty. Cold and empty. I sat up and stretched my arms before rolling out of bed.  I picked up my clothes and made my way to the bathroom. After I fixed myself and got dress I got out of his room. I let out a sigh nang hindi ko rin siya makita doon. He probably left already.

I offered myself to him, I offered my love and my body on a platter for his enjoyment  but he ignored me. His rejection won’t stop me. I didn’t care how pathetic I was. I wanted Axel and whatever I wanted, I got. I always did. He was no exception. I would have him by hook or by crook. Hindi ako ganun kadali sumuko lalo na sa mga bagay na gusto ko. This was just a warm up, an appetizer for the main course.

Umalis na ako sa condo niya at sumakay sa taxi pauwi. A few minutes later, the taxi pulled up in front of the house where I was currently staying with my three besties. Kailangan ko na magmadali dahil baka ma late na ako sa trabaho. He might be keeping track of everything I was doing wrong. I didn’t want to give Axel more excuse to fire me.

“Good morning!” I was startled when I heard Amy’s voice as soon as I went in.

“Hi.” I said, closing the door behind me.

“Where did you spend the night?” She nosily asked.

“At… an office mates place?” I bit my lower lip.

She squinted her eyes on me and smiled as if she knew I was hiding something. “Sino’ng office mate yan?”

“Lumakas kasi ang ulan kagabi kaya di na ko nakauwi.” I tried to avoid having to answer her question.

“Who was that office mate?” She pressed, impatiently.

“A-axel…” I whispered, barely audible.

“Axel? As in Atticus Xavier Enrique Lavigne?” Her eyes widened in shock.

My head slowly moved up and down. She looked at me bewildered.

“Oh ano naman ang meron kay Axel?” Venus came out of the kitchen with a cup in one hand and walked towards us.

“She spent the night with Axel.” Sabi ni Amy.

“Oh my god! Make kwento naman!” Venus pulled me to the couch. We sat there and they both eagerly looked at me, waiting for me to say something.

“Ano’ng nangyari?” Hindi na nakatiis na tanong niya ng hindi pa rin ako magsalita pagkatapos ng ilang segundo.

“We just slept.” I shrugged my shoulder.

“Together?” Amy asked.

I nodded hesitantly. “We slept together on the same bed but nothing happened.” Sino pa ba ang sasabihin ko ng problema ko kung hindi sila din. I felt like I was going to explode if I don’t let this out. “I did everything but he doesn’t want me anymore…”

They didn’t say anything. Matagal nila akong tinitigan na para bang naghihintay pa sila na may sabihin ako. I let out a frustrated sigh. “Okay! Aaminin ko na, I’m in love with him! I’m in love with Axel! Siya ang dahilan kung bakit nagpunta ako dito sa Manila.”

“You can’t fall in love with him.” Trina suddenly popped out of nowhere. “Every girl knows that.”

“Yeah, it’s too risky.” Sabi ni Amy.