Chapter Forty Seven

Valerie's POV

Andi walked away and Tristan tried to stop her but couldn't. I had no idea what was going on and all I could do was sit there and watch them. I knew they had a past. They used to be together but fate was cruel to them that it had to separate them. Now, Andi was already married and I knew my brother still couldn't get over her.

Andi was half way through the restaurant's door but she suddenly paused and held onto the nearest chair she could grab as if she was losing balance. She placed her hand on her still flat belly. She was pregnant. I knew something was wrong and I got worried about her and especially the baby.

Agad na tumakbo palapit si Tristan kay Andi at hinawakan siya sa baywang para suporta. I gasped in horror when I saw a small stream of blood running down her legs.

"Oh my god, my baby!" She shrieked in equal horror when she looked down.

Napamura ng malakas si Tristan at binuhat si Andi. He walked out of the restaurant, carrying her. I quickly took a bill from my wallet and just left it on the table before following after them. Tristan stopped on the side of his car. I opened the backseat and he layed Andi down there. Andi was hysterically crying.

"Mahal ko, please calm down." He gently said.

"This is all your fault! I hate you." She said between her sobs.

He turned his back from Andi. I could see that he was holding back his tears. I told him that he should drive and I'd stay at the back with Andi. He ran to the driver's seat as I slipped into the back and lifted her head to my lap. She was crying and screaming, telling me that she couldn't lose another baby. I ran my fingers through her hair and tried to calm her down.

Relief took over me when Tristan stopped in front of the hospital. Binuhat niya si Andi papasok sa emergency room. The doctors took her and we had to wait outside. Tristan sat on one of the hospital bench with a glazed looked on his face, his eyes rested on his lap in a trance like state, completely motionless. He only comes back when he hears the door to the emergency room open. Itinatanong niya sa mga nurse kung kamusta na si Andi pero walang makasagot sa kaniya.

"She'll be alright." I said, sitting next to him and patting his shoulder.

"I hope so. Val, hindi ko mapapatawad ang sarili ko kapag may nangyari kay Andi at sa bata." His voice shook. "We've lost a baby before and I don't know how she will take it if she losses our baby again."

"The baby is yours?" May bahid ng pagkabiglang tanong ko.

He ran his fingers through his hair in agitation. "I... I don't know but I feel like the baby's mine."

"She has a husband, Tristan." Sabi ko.

"It's wrong but I love her, Val. Mahal na mahal ko si Andi."

"And you tried to stop me from loving Axel. You're a hypocrite." I said accusingly.

"Because I know what it feels like to love someone who's already married. I know how it feels to keep that love in secret. Alam ko yung pakiramdam nang may iba siyang inuuwian. That at the end of the day, no matter what we do, she's still somebody else's wife." He said, almost in tears. "I don't ever want you to experience all that."

"But Tristan, iba ang sitwasyon namin sa inyo. Yes, he didn't tell me that he was married but he and Guiliana were long estranged. Mahal ako ni Axel at mahal ko siya." I took both his hands in mine. I knew this was the wrong time to talk about it but we already got there. "Napatunayan niya sa akin iyon. He left his comfortable life here in Manila and worked at our hacienda. He lived in a toolshed with no electricity and he slept on a hard and old wooden bed. He worked day in and day out."