Chapter Thirty

Valerie’s POV            

The past month I spent with Axel had been nothing but bliss. A man like him is wild.You can’t tame him or change him. I just meet him halfway and accept him for who he really is. He may be possessive and too protective but he was also capable of being caring and sweet in his own ways. He may not be perfect but he was perfect for me in everyway. Things won’t ever be the same for me, not without him. I silently stood there for a couple of seconds and watched as he lifted his cup to his lips and took a tiny sip from it. I silently sighed. I was truly in love with this moody bastard.  Not a moment later, he looked up at me when he probably felt my presence.

He smiled and held his hand out. I walked towards him and took his hand, he pulled me to him, making me sit on his lap.

“Good morning.” I said.

“Good morning.” I answered back with a smile, my hand playing on the back of his neck. “Hindi mo man lang ako ginising para napagluto kita ng breakfast.”

“It’s fine.” He huskily whispered, kissing me under my ear. “I know I tired you out last night.”

“You always do.” I rolled my eyes.

He let out a rough chuckle before nuzzling his face on my neck and breathed in.

My hands went up to his head and I ran my fingers through the back of his hair. “Today’s our monthsary.” I heard myself say out loud andI immediately regretted it, it was supposed to be just a thought.

“Huh?” He suddenly stopped and looked at me.

“I mean, it’s… it’s been exactly a month ago since the first time we, um, made love.”  My cheeks heated and I glance away.

“Monthsary, huh?” He nodded his head. “Is that what it’s called?”

“That’s what my friends call it.” I mumbled.

“So, it’s basically little anniversaries for months, is that right?” He asked.

“Kinda like that.”

He chuckled a little and I felt really embarrassed. What was I thinking? This was Axel. He would just probably find this silly and juvenile.

“I feel old. I don’t know what’s cool anymore.” He said with a slight hint of apology after his chuckle died..

  A small smile formed on my lips as I tried to surpress my laugh. He pinched my chin and lifted it up, making me look at him.

“Happy monthsary.” His eyes were warm as it looked at me.

“Happy monthsary.” I replied, wrapping my arms around his neck. He gave me a deep and passionate kiss on the lips and we were both breathless when we broke away. My heart squeezed with happiness and my insides went to mush. I thought the idea of it would scare him… It was somewhat like adding finality in our relationship. But it didn’t seem to bother him a bit. Pwede ko na siguro talagang masabing boyfriend ko na siya.

“How should we celebrate our first month together?” He grinned cheekily and playfully wiggled his brows.

“How ‘bout you take me out on a date, lover boy.” One corner of my lips lifted up.

“Okay.” He sighed.

 “Ayaw mo?” Malambing na tanong ko. I pouted my lips.