Epilogue

Sigurado akong pamilyar na pamilyar na kayo sa scene na ito. Haha. Mula kay Cassie at Phoenix, kay Tristan at Andi, at ngayon naman kay Axel at Valerie. Isa na naman istory ang natapos ko. Salamat po sa patuloy niyong pagsubaybay sa mga kwento ko kahit minsan mabagal ang update.

Three down, two more to go. Dalawa na lang ang binata ko, si Wayne at Seth. Sana patuloy pa rin ang pagsubaybay niyo sa story nila. I really enjoy writing for you guys and to hear you are enjoying reading them as much as I did writing them is an amazing feeling. Thank you so much.

____________

Valerie's POV

I just finished setting the food on the picnic table. I stood there, admiring the beautiful scenery and the gorgeous day. Sunshine streamed down through trees and hit the lake causing diamond like sparkles to scatter across the surface.

I saw Tristan getting out of the water and lifting his son, my nephew, Yvo, in one arm and wrapping his other arm around Andi's shoulder. Andi was already pregnant with their second child and her pregnant belly was starting to get big. I watched as Tristan put him down and he ran to play with the kids.

We were having a picnic with Axel's friends and their wives. Naging malapit na din ako sa mga kaibigan ni Axel at sa mga asawa nila. I became friends with them. Sa kanila ako nagtatanong kung may kailangan akong malaman sa pagiging mother. Cassie was the most experienced when it comes to being a mother. She and Phoenix had already had four kids, ang isa nga sa anak nila binata na. Si Miggy, a handsome young man with golden hair and brown eyes. Even at such a young age, he already had girls chasing after him.

A pair of arms wrapped around me from behind and held me tight. I didn't have to look at him to know that it was Axel. I knew him just by touch.

I wrinkled my nose. "Amoy barbecue ka." I told him.

"The food's ready. Where's Anais?" He asked.

"She's playing tag with the kids." I answered and sighed. "Your daughter is such a headache. I told her to put on her slippers pero ayaw makinig sa akin. She threw it and ran barefoot."

"Ah, ngayon anak ko lang siya?" He chuckled. "She was your daughter when she had perfect scores on her exams."

"Kasi sa'yo nagmana yan ng katigasan ng ulo." I rolled my eyes. I turned to face him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "She's becoming more and more like you everyday."

"Me? You're dad told me Anais was exactly like you when you were little." I smirked.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Pareho kaming napalingon ng marinig ang boses ni Anais. She was running towards us, crying. Bumitaw mula sa akin si Axel and he lifted his crying daughter up.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" He asked.

"Coco pushed me!" Humihikbing at nakalabing sabi niya. I rubbed her back to calm her down. Coco was one of Phoenix and Cassie's twins.

Then I saw Coco and Yvo came running towards us. They stopped in front of us.

"Coco didn't mean to hurt her. It was an accident." Yvo explained, looking up to us. The little boy was the peacemaker among them. "Nagulat lang si Coco when she touched his hair."

Anais had a deep obsession with the twin's blonde hair, especially Coco's. She was fascinated by it. She loved touching it, Audrey doesn't really mind but Coco hated being touched.

"Coco, what did you do?" Lumapit sa amin si Cassie.

"He pushed me!" Sumbong ni Anais kay Cassie.

"It's alright. It was just an accident." Sabi ko. Naniniwala naman ako sa sinabi ni Yvo. May pagka-pasaway ang batang iyon but he would never intentionally hurt any of his friends. He's a good kid, a little rebelious and strong-willed but a good kid.

Cassie put her hands on his hips and narrowed her eyes on Coco. "I told you to place nice, didn't I? What do you have to say to Anais?"

Coco said 'I'm sorry' in sign language. Cassie also apologized to us.

"Don't worry about it. You boys go ahead and play." Sabi ni Axel. Tumakbo palayo ang dalawa at bumalik si Cassie kay Phoenix na hawak hawak ang newborn baby girl nila.

Dinala ni Axel si Anais sa mesa at inupo sa ibabaw nito.

"Saan ang masakit?" Axel gently asked, sitting right in front of Anais. Umupo ako sa tabi ng mag-ama.

"Here." She brought her hands to her knees. "And here." And touched her elbow. "They hurt so bad." She said with her paawa face. It wasn't really that bad, she didn't even have a scratch. She was just at that age where any little thing was a big deal to her. She tends to overdramatize everything. I guessed Axel and dad were both right, sa akin nga nagmana ang anak ko.

Pinagpag ni Axel ang konting dumi sa hita niya.

"Do I have a boo boo, daddy?" She asked.

"No, you don't. You're doing good." Axel answered.

"See wala naman pala. Stop crying na, sweety." I smiled at her, pushing back some of the hair that was covering her face and kissing her on her forehead.

"Can you put band-aid on me?" She asked.

"Why? You don't have any boo-boos." Sabi ni Axel.

"But I want a band-aid, the pink one." She said.

"Okay, we'll get you a band-aid after we eat." Sabi ko na lang.

"Mommy?"

"Yeah?"

"When will I have a baby brother?" She asked. "Yvo's going to have one, he told me it's in aunt Andi's belly that's why it's so huge and they're going to name him Thor."

"Well..." I bit my lower lip. "It's not easy to make a baby, Anais." Axel and I had thought about having another baby but we decided to wait until Anais grows up so we could focus more on her. Plus I was still traumatized by my last birth experience.

"How do you make a baby?" She asked.

"You'll know when you're old enough." I answered.

"How old?" Her brows crinkled.

"Forty." Sagot ni Axel.

"But I'm already four." She said in a high-pitched tone.

"That's right. You still have thirty-six more years to go." Axel squeezed her tiny nose.

I chuckled, shaking my head. Axel's so overprotective with our little girl. Ngayon pa lang nakikita ko na kung ano ang mangyayari kapag nagdalaga na ang anak namin. He would chase away all his suitors or any guy who'd come close to her. He tells our daughter that she could only love one man, him. He kept reminding it to her, almost to the point of brainwashing.

He'd gone from a wild playboy to a domesticated father. He was scared that someone would do to our daughter what he had done to other women in the past.

"Meron ka naman sister. Si Mitsy." I smiled.

"Mitsy's a horsey." She laughed.

"Yeah, but she's our first baby." Axel chuckled.

Natawa din ako sa sinabi ni Axel. He pulled me to him, I wrapped my arms around his waist and snuggled to his side. I couldn't be any happier than I am now with my husband and my daughter by my side.

"I love you." Axel whispered.

"I know." I sighed.

"You know?" Sumimangot siya.

"Yeah." I absently said.

"Yeah?" He said sounding amused. "You love me too and you know it!"

"Okay, okay, I love you too." I giggled.

A content smile lit up his face, he leaned in to me and kissed me.