Chapter Forty Eight

Valerie's POV

Dad and I stayed at Tristan's condominium. Dad used his room and I used the guest's room while he was in the hospital. He decided to stay here in Manila because he wanted to take care of Tristan. It had already been three weeks and he still hadn't woke up. The good news was that he was now in a stable condition. They tried everything they could but it was up to him and his body to wake up.

Axel and I still couldn't find the right moment to tell that about our plan to get married. I thought dad still needed a little more time to recover from what happened to Tristan before we tell him. I could see it was hard on him, on all of us. Everyone was still stressed out so we decided to keep our mouth shut about it for awhile. Regular pa rin naman kaming nagkikita ni Axel kapag bumibisita siya sa ospital. But it had to be out of dad's sight.

I heard the door outside open. I had already taken a shower and was getting ready to go to the hospital. I knew it was dad. Sometimes, he spends the night in the hospital to look after Tristan and then he goes home in the morning.

I swung my bag on my shoulder and got out of my room. At tama nga ako, si dad iyon. I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Pupunta ka na kay Tristan?" He asked.

"Yes, dad." I smiled. "Gusto mong timplahan muna kita ng coffee?"

"No, that's alright, darling. You go ahead." He said.

"Okay. Bye, dad. I love you." I sweetly said.

"I love you too. Be careful on the road." Paalala niya.

Bumaba ako sa parking lot at sumakay sa kotse. I drove to the hospital and found that Andi was already there. Walang araw na hindi bumibisita si Andi kay Tristan. She had always been by her side from day one.

When I got there, Andi was patting water soaked cotton on Tristan's lips. She does that everyday to put moisture on his lips. She massages Tristan's legs para daw hindi matulog ang mga muscles niya at hindi siya mahirapan maglakad paggising niya. She also gives him spongebath every other day. Hindi niya pinabayaan si Tristan. I could see how much she loves Tristan and how devoted she was to him.

"Hi!" She smiled when she noticed me standing on the side of the bed.

"Hi." I smiled back at her. "How is he?"

"Still as handsome as ever." She answered, stroking his hair with her fingers.

I let out a low chuckle as I looked at him on his bed. "Yeah..." Then my eyes averted to the small bump on her tummy. "Lumalaki na si baby. It's starting to show."

Napangiti siya at napahawak sa tiyan niya. "I know. Sana lang gumising na siya bago ko maipanganak ang baby namin. I want him to be there when I give birth." She sighed heavily and looked at Tristan.

"Of course, he's going to be there! Hindi palalampasin ni Tristan iyon." I cheerfully said to lighten up the mood. I couldn't imagine how stressful it was to be in Andi's situation, being pregnant and being dealt with this. Bukod dito, inaasikaso niya pa ang pagdivorce nila ng asawa niya. Sometimes I wonder how she does it all.

"Hey, I have a doctor's appointment today for the baby." She said, looking down at her wrist watch. "D'yan lang naman sa baba yung doktor ko. Kailangan ko munang umalis, sandali lang ako."

"Sure, ako na ang bahala dito." I said.

"Thank you." She said with a smile. She leaned over to Tristan and gave him a kiss on the forehead before she left.

I sat on the armchair next to Tristan's bed. I stared at him for awhile and took his hand in mine.

"Tristan... Kuya... it feels weird calling you kuya." I chuckled quietly and then I took in a deep breath. "Axel already asked me to marry him. Sana maintindihan mo kami. We love each other and I don't want to lose him. You don't have to worry about me. Kaya ko naman ang sarili ko. Kung lokohin man niya ako, I will chop his dick off. Tristan, alam kong mahal din ako ni Axel and I don't see any reason why we can't be together. Nandyan na naman ulit si Andi at magkakaron pa kayo ng baby. You already have them. They're just waiting for you to wake up, we all are. I want to be happy with Axel too."