Chapter Thirty Six

Axel's POV

My hand reached next to meet, trying to find the familiar heat of Valerie's body but all I felt was the cold sheet. I fluttered my eyes open and was surprised to see that I wasn't in my room. I winced as I tried to sit up, my face and body were tender and sore. The memory of last night came back to me. I cussed to myself at my stupidity. The alcohol took control of me last night and I went to Tristan, looking for her sister. Alam na ni Tristan ang tungkol sa amin. In just a day, I lost a girlfriend and a bestfriend.

I slowly and carefully slid out of bed and went out of the room. I recognized the furnitures in the living room. I was at Wayne's place? I had no recollection of how I got here. I just remembered going to Tristan's and being punched by him but I didn't know how I got here. Bumukas ang pinto mula sa isang kwarto at lumabas si Wayne. He stretched out his arms and yawn.

"Hey." He said looking at me. "Leaving so soon? Wanna sit down and have some brunch first?"

"How did I get here?" I asked.

"You got so fucked last night."

"No shit." My frown grew bigger.

"We'll talk it over while we eat." Wayne said as he headed towards the fridge. I sank down on one of the dining chairs, my head pounding and my body hurting like fuck. I felt drained of energy. "Tinawagan ako ni Tristan kagabi. He asked me to come pick you up before he kills you."

"How do you feel?" He asked as he grabbed a can of beer in the fridge. He sat beside me and opened it up.

"Fantastic." I sarcastically answered, holding my throbbing temple and massaging it.

"Tinirhan kita ng pagkain. Kumain ka muna ng mawala yang hang over mo." He said. Only then did I noticed the food in front of me. Garlic rice, longganisa, and sunny side up egg.  The delicious smell of the food filled my nostrils but my appetite was off-kilter still from what happened last night.

"I'm not hungry." I said.

"Tangina ka, mukha kang panda." He chuckled, shaking his head as he took a sip from the can he was holding. I threw him a sharp glare. I didn't find it funny at all. This was no laughing matter. "You fuckin' had it coming. You shagged his sister. Tinalo mo kapatid niya. Gago ka talaga! Hindi ba binalaan na kita noon? Whatever happened to bros before hoes?"

 "Valerie is not a hoe!" I angrily exclaimed. "It was hard..."

"What was hard? Your cock?" He dryly said.

 "It was hard to stay away from Val." I answered, not paying attention to his tongue-lashing. I knew I was in the wrong. "I wanted her the first time I saw her and now I'm in love with her. I love her with every bits and pieces of me." I had never openly and shamelessly confessed my love for someone to my friends before.  Maybe it was because no woman had ever made me feel the way Val did. I had never loved someone the way I love Valerie. It was needed to be said.

"I think Tristan would've been more accepting of your relationship with his sister if you were't married to another woman." He said. My marriage was never a secret to my friends. They were actually the only people who were present at our civil wedding. Kahit sila sinubukan akong pigilan sa pagpapakasal pero matigas talaga ang ulo ko noon pero hindi ako nakinig. I was fucking stupid to not listen to them.

 "I'm... I'm trying to work on that. Guiles doesn't want to sign the divorce papers. I'm talking to a lawyer right now." I sighed.

"I don't want to say 'I told you so' but man, I told you so." He shook his head. "We knew you two wouldn't last."