Skimming Stones

--Time Skip--

We were already packing up and getting ready to leave. I had a lot of fun and so did the others. We all agreed we should do this more often. The boys were packing their clothes back in their bags when Wilbur pulled me away from our camp.

"I wanted to come and sit by the stream and talk for a bit before we leave," he explained.

I followed him and we sat down on a small, stony bank.

"I had lots of fun this week Y/N we need to do this again," He said.

"Yea but I can't wait to start streaming properly" I replied.

I leaned back and rested on my hands.

"It's really peaceful here isn't it" I whispered.

"Yea it is." Wilbur agreed.

We sat in silence for a moment before Wilbur got up and grabbed a stone from the bank.

"Do you know how to skim stones?" He asked.

"As a matter of fact I do Mr. Soot" I grinned.

I stood up and grabbed a small flat rock. I skimmed it across the stream and it hopped four times before sinking.

"Person with the most hops buys everyone food on the way home" Wilbur challenged.

"You're on" I retaliated.

Wilbur skimmed his stone and it hopped five times before sinking. It was a good skim and I was praying that my years of practice would pay off.

When I bent down to find a stone to skim, I saw a stone that was in the shape of a heart. I smiled and put it in my pocket. I found a suitable stone and stood back up. I threw the stone hoping for the best. I shut my eyes and when I opened them Wilbur stood there staring at me with his mouth wide open.

"What?" I asked nervously.

"Seven, how the heck did you get seven?" He whined.

I walked over to him, got on my tippy toes, and whispered softly into his ears.

"Just get good"

And with that, I walked off back to our camp. Wilbur just stood there. I didn't know if he was mad, shocked, embarrassed, or flustered. But when I saw him turn around his cheeks were light pink. I smiled to myself.

"Boys let's get going shall we" I yelled.

We got everything back into the little trolleys and headed back towards the direction of the carpark. Luckily the grass where we came from was still bent over from walking on it so it was easy to see where we needed to go. We finally arrived at the car and packed everything away. Wilbur got in the driver's seat and I was in the passenger's seat.

"Oh yea, Wilbur has to get us food on the way home what do you boys want?" I asked while turning to look at them.

"McDonalds" They both shouted at the same time.

What a predictable answer. I turned back around and watched the trees start to get blurry as we got faster. After 1 hour of driving, we arrived at a Mcdonald's.

"All right what does everyone want?" Wilbur asked while reaching for his wallet.

"Cheeseburger and fries for me," Tommy said eagerly.

"I'll have a 6 piece nugget and a small lemonade please," Tubbo said politely

"Oh and I'll have a large coke too" Tommy yelled.

"I'll get a small fry and a 6 piece chicken nugget please," I said knowing very well I probably wouldn't be able to finish it.

I looked in the rearview mirror and saw Tommy smile at my answer. He knew I was trying. We pulled up at the window and grabbed our bags and drinks. When Wilbur grabbed the receipt from the lady's hand she winked and closed the window. I saw Wilbur frown. I looked at the receipt and saw that the lady had written her phone number on it. Wilbur must have seen it too because he laughed loudly while looking at the receipt.

"What are you laughing at" Asked Tubbo.

"Oh, it's just that lady that served us wrote her number on our receipt." He said still laughing.

"Are you gonna call it?" Asked Tommy.

"No, I like someone else," Wilbur said simply.

My heart dropped. I knew he wouldn't like me. I just need to get rid of these feelings. But it's not that easy. I handed out the food to everyone and started on my meal. I ate 3 chicken nuggets and half of my fries before telling myself to stop. Maybe I'll eat the rest during the car ride. I put my food to the side and rested my head on the window. I felt my eyes slowly closing and opening but I soon fell asleep to the quiet hum of the car and the soft music coming from the radio.

It had been about 45 minutes since I had fallen asleep and I was suddenly woken up but loud music blasting through the radio.

"Jump in the Cadillac, girl lets put some miles on it." Tubbo and Wilbur sang simultaneously. Tommy looked pissed off but small smiles showed that he was faking it. I opened my eyes fully and looked at the boys.

"Oh, I'm sorry Y/N please go back to sleep," Wilbur said turning down the radio.

"No it's ok I only wanted a short nap" I assured.

We had about 1 to go and I was getting a little hungry again. I opened the box of nuggets and ate 2 and grabbed a few fries. I knew I was probably going to regret this but I needed to eat. Wilbur turned the music up again and we jammed to Taylor Swift and Arctic Monkeys. A weird combination but we all screamed the lyrics.

Finally, we got home. We grabbed all of our bags from the car and brought them inside. Me and Wilbur unpacked all the kitchen supplies and the other two boys put all the pillows, blankets, and sleeping bags away. After a long and boring two hours of putting everything away, we all flopped on the couch and put on a movie.

I decided we should watch Orphan because I had heard good things about it. Everyone agreed and we turned it on. During a spicy scene, Tommy decided to yell

"THERE ARE MINORS, THERE ARE MINORS, I AM A MINOR" while putting his hands over his and Tubbo's eyes.

Me and Wilbur just laughed at him and his idiocy. We finished the movie and by the end of it Wilbur looked a little shaken up.

"Well that was definitely something," He said getting up.

"I loved it," I said following him to the kitchen.

I grabbed a glass and filled it with water. Leaning on the bench I took a sip and looked at Wilbur.

"I thought it would be me cuddling you because I was scared, not the other way round," I smirked, walking off.

Wilbur spun me around and I was meet with his face very close to mine.

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy it" he said in a low voice.

Two can play that game.

"I would have enjoyed it better if we were in my bed" I whispered.

As I turned around I winked at him and went upstairs.

Wilbur POV

Holy shit.

That was hot.

I might just have to take her up on that one day.

I frowned to myself. No Wilbur, she doesn't like you like that. I sighed and went upstairs and got ready for bed.

1195 words

A/N

I hate this chapter but oh well. You are so fucking amazing and you deserve so much. You're so valid and gorgeous/handsome and I'm so proud of you for waking up this morning. <3