Parents

--Time skip--

It had been a week since the tweet had been sent out. Since then I hadn't touched any source of social media and I hadn't been on anyone else's streams. According to the boys, the tweet had been taken down and the hate was pretty much almost gone. I was still very on edge and especially now that everyone knew I didn't have a particularly perfect past. I was nervous about what everyone would think of me now.

I slowly got out of bed and went downstairs. I had barely left my room these past few days and it was taking a toll on me. Dark circles had formed under my eyes and I was very hungry. Not wanting to fall back into old habits I grabbed some bread from the cupboard and put it in the toaster.

"Morning darling," Wilbur said, wrapping his arms around my waist.

Electric tingles ran throughout my body whenever he touched me. I turned around and planted a soft kiss on his nose.

"So you don't have to, but I wanted to know if you wanted to meet my parents and have dinner with them," Wilbur said.

My heart dropped. What if his parents saw the tweet and think I'm a horrible person? What if they hate me? What if they force Wilbur to break up with me?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when Wilbur spoke again.

"I've told them about you and they already love you, there's no need to worry" Wilbur assured as if he could read my thoughts.

"When?" I asked.

"Tonight, they live about 20 minutes away from your old house," Wil said.

I was a bit taken aback by how sudden it all was but I agreed. I grabbed my toast out of the toaster and put on whatever I found in the cupboard. I was still nervous about meeting his parents. Wilbur could sense that so he came over to where I was sitting and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to him.

"Hey, it's going to be ok, if you get uncomfortable, or overwhelmed, we can leave," Wilbur said.

Those words managed to calm me down a little.

"Do you wanna stream with me today?" Wilbur asked.

"No, I still don't think I'm ready for that," I said quickly.

"That's ok, take your time" Wilbur replied.

--Time skip because I genuinely have no clue what to write--

I picked out what I was going to wear for the night. I wanted to make a good first impression but I didn't want to go too over the top either. I did some quick makeup and waited for Wilbur downstairs. Once he finally arrived we shouted a quick goodbye to the boys and left.

The entire car ride I was playing with my fingers and overthinking the entire night. Wilbur noticed this and grabbed my hand. I smiled as he rubbed circles on the back of my palm.

We finally arrived at the house and my hands started shaking as we walked up to the door. Wilbur took my hand in his and he knocked on the door.

Almost instantly someone opened a door and a very friendly face appeared.

"Oh hello, Wilbur, and is this Y/N?" She said while hugging Wil.

"Hi," I said sheepishly.

"Oh honey, you're absolutely gorgeous, can I give you a hug," She asked.

I nodded my head smiled at the compliment. She wrapped me in a warm hug. It wasn't like Wilburs but it was very comforting. It was a very motherly hug. She introduced herself and Marie and welcomed us into the house and instantly I could smell the delicious warm food.

Another face popped around the corner. I assumed it was Wil's dad.

"Ahh, Wilbur, nice to see you again, and you must be Y/N nice to meet you you can call me John," He said shaking my hand.

"Dinner is nearly ready, can you guys help set the table," Marie said from the kitchen.

I followed Wil into the kitchen.

"Can you get out some glasses from the cupboard up there dear?" Marie said.

I opened the cupboard and grabbed out 4 glasses. On the way to the table, one of the cups slipped out of my hand and smashed on the floor. My stomach dropped as I heard it shatter.

"I am so sorry, I tried to carry more glasses than I could and-"

"Honey don't worry about it, it's ok just be careful to not step on glass, Wilbur can clean it up just go make sure you don't have any glass on you," Marie said.

She pointed me in the direction of a bathroom and I quickly stood in front of the mirror. I made sure I had no glass on me and when I was sure it was ok I kept replaying the moment in my head.

I had already fucked up. If his parents didn't hate me before they sure as hell hate me now. After about 10 minutes of overthinking, I heard a knock at the door.

I opened it to see Wilbur's worried face.

"Hey is everything ok?" He asked.

"Yea just overthinking again" I admitted.

"It's fine, my mum doesn't hate you, because I know you think she does. It was a simple mistake." He assured.

We both walked out of the bathroom and I was met with a massive roast dinner set on the table. I looked and smelt amazing. I sat next to Wilbur and across from his mum.

"Once again, I'm so sorry"

"It's fine honey don't worry about" Marie smiled.

We all tucked into dinner. Wils parents asked me normal questions such as what are my hobbies, what do I do for a living, and the inevitable, about my family.

Explaining that was a little awkward but Wil stepped in and his parents understood it was a sensitive topic so they quickly dropped it. I couldn't appreciate that enough.

After about 2 hours of talking with his parents, I started getting tired. Wil noticed and we said goodbye to with parents.

"Thank you so much for dinner, I loved meeting you," I said.

"Oh of course dear, you are welcome here anytime," She said.

We exchanged numbers and left.

"See it wasn't that bad" Wils aid once we got in the car.

"It really wasn't," I said with a smile.

In fact, it was amazing.

A/N

1029 words

MERRY MOTHERFUCKING CHRISTMAS Y'ALL. AND IF YOU DON'T CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING DAY ANYWAY. This chapter seems rushed because it is. I had to write it in 45 minutes. I am so sorry I know uploads have been very slow recently but for the next 2 weeks they are going to be even slower (as in maybe only 1-3 chapters) as I am going to the beach to spend time with my family and friends. But anyway thank you all so much for reading this and I love you all. DON'T FORGET TO EAT, DRINK, TAKE YOUR MEDS, AND HAVE A GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP. <3