nineteen

Rachel Berry's Point of View:

"What?"

"We jumped straight into a relationship after my breakup with Finn and I just think we're rushing through this too fast, and there's also the pictures... I'm just very overwhelmed by all this" I explained as best as I could, because I didn't even understand it well myself.

I love her, being in a relationship with her is awesome, but... I don't know. Maybe I'm self-sabotaging, or maybe I really do need a break. THERE'S ALSO THE COMPETITION THAT'S TAKING PLACE ON MONDAY.

"Look, Rach, I get that there's a lot of stuff happening right now and that it can be overwhelming, but... am I too stupid to think that we can help each other out of this hole?" Quinn asked, I could tell she was biting her lip to try to fight off the tears that were welling up on her beautiful green eyes.

"I just don't know what to do... it all happened very fast. I was with Finn and out of nowhere we were kissing and-"

"Out of nowhere? Really?"

"Well, not out of nowhere, but like... it was just all very fast and I didn't fully heal from my breakup with Finn and now he's the one who might be putting all of this pictures up, and-"

"Shut up, Rachel" Quinn snapped which caught me off guard and I stopped speaking "You need space, okay, I get it. Goodbye" she finished and left to talk to Santana.

I sat down trying to take in what had just happened. She agreed to give me my space, but, do I really want it? I have no idea what I feel, think, or want. I don't know anything.

"Hey, you okay? You look off focus and you're one of my best students" Mr. Schue said while taking a seat next to me.

"I just have a lot on my plate right now" I replied.

"You can always talk to me about it, I might not always know what to say, but I will always try to give you the best advice that I can" something about the way he expressed himself made me feel like I wanted to tell him everything.

"So..." I began and then explained everything that had happened.

"Oh, wow. Wow" was all Mr. Schue said. He took a brief pause and said "I went through something similar when I was your age, but I decided to try to work it out with my boyfriend, even if we fought, even if I sometimes fell overwhelmed, we would always work through it together. Because that's what good partners do, they work together through the struggle if they truly love each other. Of course, you can't force someone to be with you, and sometimes it is better to let someone go rather than stay in an unhealthy environment. But sometimes the person is worth fighting for; I loved my boyfriend very much, and I loved him so that we stayed together until the very last day he lived... I miss him dearly... but he's better in heaven"

"Mr. Schue, I don't know what to say"

"You don't have to say anything. I was just trying to tell you, that if you think your relationship with Quinn is worth fighting for, then you should go ahead, but if you're going to want to take a pause every time things get hard, then it'll be easier on both your hearts to just let it die here" He explained and I nodded.

"Thank you, Mr. Schue" I said and he smiled at me, I waited a bit and then asked "Did you ever find someone after your boyfriend passed away?"

"I eventually did. It wasn't easy at first opening up to someone, every time I felt attraction to someone else I would feel as if I was cheating on him, but I knew that all he wanted was for me to be happy... and I am, happily married to my beautiful wife, I also have two kids"

"That's really sweet"

"Yep. Now, come on, the break is over, and the competition is on monday so we have no time to waste" he said and then got up to announce everyone that we were going to resume the rehearsal.

Mr. Schue's words were left ringing in my head.

I do believe Quinn is worth fighting for and I love her so fucking much. But i just told her about the pause and I don't want her to think I'm playing with her heart... maybe I should talk about this with her. She is my best friend besides being my girlfriend, or ex girlfriend? I don't know.

A/n: hope you like it!