twenty seven

Wednesday, May 3rd, 2019

Rachel Berry's Point of View:

It was time for the solo auditions and I was still looking for someone to audition with for the duets, Quinn told me that she wasn't feeling up for it, so I didn't really know who to ask.

"Sam, you first" Mr. Schue said.

Sam took the place in the middle of the classroom, grabbed the microphone and began singing Martes 13 by Pol Granch.

"Yo sólo soy adicto a ti, en parte
La otra mitad ya no es así, se parte
Cantando solo hasta las mil... un martes"

Her voice is like honey, not even going to lie. After she finished singing, it was Quinn's turn.

Quinn looked very nervous, so I asked Mr. Schue if I could talk to her for a minute before the audition, he agreed since he had to go to the bathroom anyway, so he gave us until his return to talk.

"Talk to me, why do you look so out of it? You've had solos before" I said, trying to get her to talk to me.

"Rachel, it's not the solo... it's just... have you ever thought about what's going to happen after high school? Because I don't know if you've realised this, but after the competition, literally two week later, we will graduate" She said "And, actually, yesterday I got a letter from Yale saying they liked my enthusiasm and my story, but most of all, how I'm very talented, and one of the people who say who gets in and stuff is going to our competition to check me out, if they like the performance they will make a place for me"

"That's amazing"

"And that's exactly why I need to win this" she replied.

"Hey, you will" I hugged her, gave her a quick kiss and returned to my seat, since Mr. Schue had also returned.

"Quinn, please, begin" Mr. Schue said and Quinn nodded.

The music began playing. It was Cuarto de Hotel by Los Claxons.

"He venido a contarte
Tomé el valor de enfrentarte
Lo ensayé mil veces en el espejo
Poco a poco fui venciendo mi miedo
Aquí voy, a decirte lo que pienso yo..." she sang, beautiful, like always.

Quinn's voice is very... perfect.

When she finished singing, Mr.  Schue went on to say how hard it would be to judge this competition and that he couldn't wait for the other's performance.

***

Thursday, May 4rth, 2019

Today was the day, of Santana's and Tina's audition, after their audition Mr. Schue would cast an anonymous vote among all of us, but, as always, the final choice would be his to make.

Tina sang El Muchacho de los Ojos Tristes by Jeanette; and Santana sang Antología by Shakira.

I honestly have no idea who was going to win, and I was scared of the vote. Because while I wanted to vote for Sam, I also wanted to vote for Quinn, even though my favourite performance was Santana's.

I wrote down who I voted for... Quinn... she needs to win.

***

"Votes are in" Mr. Schue said, while walking to the middle of the classroom, with a paper in hand.

Quinn squeezed my hand and I gave her a reassuring smile.

"The winner is... Santana" Mr. Schue announced. Santana celebrated, we all cheered for her, but I could tell it was hard for Quinn to hide her disappointment, so I pulled her aside.

"Hey, we could still win the duo" I said, trying to cheer her up.

"Yeah, I guess" she replied.

"I'm sorry that you didn't win, but that doesn't mean the recruiter or whatever won't choose you"

"I know, I just... yeah, you're right. Pasado pisado, right?" she laughed.

"I don't really know spanish, there's just a song I like singing and my pronunciation is good"

"Oh" she laughed and I laughed as well.

"We better rehearse then, because tomorrow are the auditions"

"Yeah... I can't believe we have a month left in high school"

"Me, either... by the way, have you thought about where you're going to study?"

"New York had always been my dream, but... Yale is kinda far"

"NYADA?" she asked.

"What?"

"New York's Academy of Dramatic Arts" She explained.

"That sounds amazing"

"And very hard to get in, so we better be fast to try to get you in. With your voice though, pretty sure they'll let you in without much thought" she smiled and I smiled back.

The bell rang and Sam drove me to my house.

When I got there, I quickly began researching about NYADA and told Kurt all about it, since the dream has always been to move to New York together and be successful broadway actors.

I also told my dads and they were very supportive about everything. I quickly filled in the form, since all admissions for auditions were due next week, if I was accepted to audition, it would literally be the day after the competition, so I would have close to zero rest.

Kurt told me he had also filled the form and we are both very impatient to get the "yes, you can audition" mail, which, if we were to get, it would be between tomorrow or the day after.

So, yes, I'm anxious as f u c k.

A/n: vote if you like <3