twenty nine

same day

Rachel Berry's Point of View:

After a class, Sam was back in the same classroom as I, so I went over and sat down next to her.

"Hey, that's my seat" a random kid told me.

"Take mine" I said and he left. Sam just laughed.

"I guess you're here to know about what happened with Cedes" Sam said.

"What?" I said elongating the 'a' "Me? Pfft, I'm just sitting here, because I miss sitting with you" I said with a smile.

Quinn walked over to me, with a confused look on her face "Why is a random kid on your seat?"

"I'm sitting with Sam this class" I replied with a smile.

"Oh, okay, I'll sit with" Quinn paused, looking around "With Tina, bye"

"So" I looked at Sam and she smiled while laughing.

"Hello class" the teacher said while taking her usual seat and getting her stuff out.

"Basically, Mercedes likes me, but doesn't like me"

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"We broke up, because she's straight" she replied.

"Oh shit, that sucks" I said while placing my hand on her shoulder.

"That's not the worst part" she chuckled "The worst part is that she said she has feelings for me and that she thinks she can love me, BUT, due to the fact that she's straight, she no longer wants to date me"

"So she has feelings for you, but because you're a woman, she won't act on them?"

"Yeah, basically"

"She won't even question her sexuality, then?"

"Not up for debate that, she's 100% heterosexual and wants us to stop talking, so she can forget me more easily"

"I'm going to try to talk to her" I said with a smile.

"Rach, I really appreciate you trying to help, but stay out of this, please"

"I will" I lied. I won't. I'm going to talk to Mercedes, actually.

"Thanks" she replied and I smiled at her.

The class went by pretty fast, I was currently searching for Mercedes. After like ten minutes of walking around, I found her on the auditorium.

"Hey Cedes" I said while sitting down next to her on the piano.

"I assume Sam already told you about our breakup" she said with a sad smile.

"Yeah, you assume correctly"

"So, what do you want to talk about?"

"I just don't understand why you would tell Sam that you have feelings for her and then break up with her"

"I just don't think Sam needs to be in a relationship with everything that she's going through"

"What exactly is she going through?"

"Her... transition, y'know?"

"Trust me, she's happy with that, her parents are supportive and the rest of the world doesn't care. Plus, if she were to be going through a hard time, would you really leave her alone?"

"I just-" she started saying, but I interrupted her.

"Do you have a problem with Sam being a woman? Because if you really had feelings for her, her gender wouldn't be an issue"