twenty six

Tuesday, May 2nd, 2019

Rachel Berry's Point of View:

Fuck school, honestly. What do you mean we have to attend after performing? My feet HURT, the choreography for How to be a Heartbreaker was one of the hardest we've done.

Anyway, I was happy, because Quinn agreed to pick me up, since Sam couldn't due to some family thing, I stopped asking after the third "I don't want to talk about it", I just truly hope he knows that he can tell my anything and I won't judge him.

"Quinn is here" Hiram let me know, I thanked him and left the house.

My dads loved Quinn more than me at this point, they wouldn't normally let me go out as much, but if I mentioned it was Quinn, they would say yes almost immediately.

"Hey" Quinn greeted me with the warmest, most beautiful smile.

"Hi" I replied, leaning over to give her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"I got us coffee, I know how tired you must be after yesterday's performance" she smiled. I thanked her and began drinking the coffee. It was a caramel macchiato.

"I don't understand how you can perform AND have cheerleading practice everyday, especially with how picky Sue is"

"I mean, yeah, but, have you seen my abs? Absolutely worth it" she laughed.

I laughed as well, after choosing a song to play on the car's stereo, she began driving us to school.

"Lüky Charm" by Pol Granch began playing. One of my favourite songs.

***

We were in glee practice, everyone was mumbling something within themselves and I couldn't figure out what it was; Sam, Kurt, and Cedes weren't here.

I sat down with Quinn, Santana, Brittany, and Matt. Quinn quickly hugged me from behind and rested her head on my shoulder.

"Hey, do y'all know what everyone is whispering about?" I asked. 

"I only know that it has to do with Sam" Matt replied.

Mr. Schue, Sam, Cedes, and Kurt suddenly entered, and everyone sat down. 

Sam was wearing makeup, a cute white skirt, a black crop top and boots. Sam also had long hair and looked very feminine.

Cedes and Kurt sat down and Mr. Schue began speaking.

"Everyone, please, be quiet" he began "This is just to bring attention to the fact that your classmate, Sam, has decided to share with us her true self, she's still the same cool dude with killer moves and voice that we all know, but she's asking us to address her with her real pronouns. With that said, Sam, you want to add anything?"

"Yeah" Sam smiled "I don't want y'all to treat me any differently, I'm still me, just a little different... I see some confused faces, so, um, my name is Sam and I am a trans woman"

I stood up and hugged her "Is this what you didn't want to talk about?" I asked her and she nodded.

"I was scared you wouldn't want to be my friend, but I also didn't want to hide just because I thought it would upset some people..."

"Sam, you're my best friend, if anything, this just means that you're officially invited to girl's night, nothing else" I smiled and she smiled back.