twenty three

Monday, April 1st, 2019

Rachel Berry's Point of View:

After David's and Finn's expulsion things changed quite a bit. People didn't diss me anymore, instead they said that I was brave for standing up for myself and Quinn.

Quinn and I were finally in a good place, we weren't girlfriend and girlfriend yet, but we've been going on dates for the whole month that had passed since I last updated you, so I'm hopeful soon she'll ask me. I would be the one to ask, but I don't want her to think that I'm pressuring her.

As for Kurt, he's dating Blaine now and we're still best friends; even though he still feels sorry about that happened with Finn, he doesn't apologise anymore but he blames himself for not realising sooner. I don't blame him. Finn and David are the only ones that I blame.

Sam and Mercedes are also dating. And I think that's it for the pairings, well, Santana and Brittany are dating now for real for real, but they were always a thing anyway. And I heard rumours about Mike and Tina dating but I haven't seen them together yet.

I was walking down the hallway to glee club, when Kurt approached me with a single red rose.

"It's from Quinn, she has a surprise for you in the choir room" he said and winked. I smiled and smelled the rose. I've always like the smell of roses.

When I arrived, I sat down on my usual seat, I looked around but Quinn was nowhere to be found.

"Hang in there, Juliet, you're Romeo will come soon" Santana giggled and I smiled at her, blushing.

Mr. Schue was sitting down on Quinn's chair since it was the only available one. Since Finn and David left there was no "big bully" so a bunch of kids signed up for the club. We held auditions and Mr. Schue asked us for our opinions so that was really cool.

Although, I don't know whose ideas was it to let Sugar Mota in because the girl can't sing to save her life.

Quinn suddenly arrived, she looked beautiful.

She went to the middle of the room and sat down on the stool that was placed behind the microphone.

She cleared her throat and said "This song... it expresses everything I feel about you, Rachel, and... I hope you feel the same way, because, and this is the most selfish thing i've ever said, I don't think I can ever live without your love"

The melody began playing and I recognised the song immediately, It was Temporary Love by Ben Platt.

"You're afraid to need someone... cause you've been burned (x3)

Love is good until it's gone,
that's what you've learned (x3)"

...

"I'll do what I can to make you see that this is not temporary love"

...

"Now your heart is in my hands. Please don't give it up.
This is not a temporary love...
This is not... a temporary love" Quinn finished, with a smile and tears rolling down her eyes. I can't blame her, I was crying too... but it was a different kind of crying... it was a happy crying.

I stood up and quickly went to hug her, she hugged me back. We shared a quick kiss as everyone clapped for her performance.

All of a sudden, everyone went quiet. I saw the door and it was Finn. Quinn quickly took a defending position, putting me behind her.

"What are you doing here?" Quinn asked.

"Mr. Schue let me come and sing a song for Rachel" He replied.

"Ladies, please take a seat" Mr. Schue said. 

Quinn sat down but Finn stopped me by grabbing my hand, "I'm so sorry for everything... I swear, If I could take back I would"

He then sat me down on a stool next to the one he sat down, and grabbed the microphone. He began singing Hate Me by Miley Cyrus.

"Go ahead, you can say it's my fault.
If it still hurts at all
I thought one of these days you might call
when you were feeling small

Drowning in my thoughts
staring at the clock
and i know i'm not on your mind

I wonder what would happen if I die
i hope all of my friends get drunk and high
would it be too hard to say goodbye?
I hope that it's enough to make you cry
Maybe that day you won't hate me"

...

"And maybe that day... you won't hate me" he finished singing.

"Will you ever forgive me?" He asked and I shrugged. I didn't know what to say.

"You said you hated me"

"I lied... I don't think the day might come in which I don't love you.."

"I... I... I don't know what to say"

"I didn't expect you to say anything... I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for hurting you..." he then went up to Quinn and hugged her "The song was for you too, Quinn, I'm so sorry"

I looked at Quinn and noticed she was crying.

"I'm so so sorry for all the pain that i've caused you. I didn't realise that it was something very stupid and very petty to do" Finn added.

"I forgive you" she replied. Wow. That easy? Damn.

"Thank you, Mr. Schue. Goodbye everyone" Finn said and left the classroom.

"Wait!" I screamed. He stopped walking "I'll walk you out"

And I did. I walked with him to his car and then hugged him.

"I hate you, you know that, right?" I asked and he nodded "Good"

"I'm truly sorry"

"Yeah... I know, I just... I can't forgive you"

"I understand. Goodbye, Rachel"

"Bye" he replied and drove off.

I went to the nearest bench, sat down and cried. I wasn't ready to face Finn after everything that went down. But... it's always good to cry, ain't it?

"It's okay, cry it out" I heard Kurt say while he sat down next to me and hug me. Sam was also here, he held my hand all the time.

"I love you, guys"

"We love you, too" Sam replied.

A/n: vote if you like!