eight

Rachel Berry's Point of View:

Friday

Crap! We had to come up with setlists and I completely forgot. I decided to skip the first few periods to go to the music store to try and get some inspiration. I got dressed and quickly walked there, avoiding my fathers. When I finally arrived, it had began to rain a little, but not enough for me to be soaking wet.

"Hello there, Rachel" the old lady who works here greeted with a warm smile, I returned the smile and said hi as well.

I began walking through the aisles and decided that. in order to have a killer performance we had to start off with a balad, and then walk it into a killing group number with a cool choreography. I walked into the romance section and noticed Quinn was there, also looking for sheet music.

"Hi Quinn" I smiled.

"Hey Rach" she smiled back "You forgot about Mr. Schue's assignment as well?"

"Yeah" I laughed.

"How about we do the setlist together?" she offered and I nodded.

"That would be great" I answered.

And so, we began looking for music together. In the end, we finally narrowed our options into two songs.

"So... I Think We're Alone Now as the ballad" Quinn said.

"Yeah... I really like that song" I replied.

"Me, too" she smiled.

"And Don't Stop Believing as the group number" she finished saying.

We high-fived, bought the things and then Quinn drove us to school. We arrived and got out, everyone was staring at me, probably shocked that i was friends with the most popular and beautiful girl at school... or maybe there was something on my face. I arrived to my locker, Quinn still walking with me.

"Well, see you later, Rach" she said.

"See you" I replied.

She leaned in slowly and carefully but sweetly kissed my cheek and the walked away with a smile. I was left blushing. I caressed my cheek, right where she kissed it and smiled. That was when I began doubting if friendship was all I felt for her.

"Rach" I heard a high-pitch voice say and I jumped a little. I turned around and it was Kurt.

"What was that?" he asked.

"What was what?"

"Don't play stupid with me"

"She just kissed my cheek... because we're friends"

"Right, and I'm straight"

"Are you?"

"No! The point is, you have to be careful, you don't even smile like that with Finn"

"I don't want to talk about this" I replied and left, but he followed me.

"Are you two really just friends?" he asked and I nodded.

"I wouldn't lie to you" I lied.

And we went out separate ways, I had class with Quinn — and Finn — ironically.

I sat down in the back and before Finn could even have the chance, Quinn quickly sat down next to me... somehow, I preferred having her next to me rather than Finn, but Finn has been my crush since forever and I finally got a chance at being with him so I'm don't want to screw that up. Finn walked up to the both of us and sat down in the empty seat in front of us.

"I'm not going to be able to see anything with you in front of me" I told him while laughing.

"Not my fault you're so small" he replied with a smile and I rolled my eyes.