three

Rachel Berry's Point of View:

Wednesday

I woke up to people screaming and fighting, I looked at my phone and it was 6:30 AM, I also noticed I had a text from Sam that said that he couldn't pick me up today... great. I very quickly brushed my teeth and put on a sweatshirt with some skinny blue jeans, my everyday white sneakers, brushed my hair, took all my stuff and then carefully and quietly left my room. I was walking down the stairs and it was clear what my parents were fighting (yelling) about.

"But I love you, Hiram" my dad LeRoy yelled, his eyes were red and puffy.

"Then you shouldn't have slept with some fucking random person" my dad Hiram yelled back, he looked as if he was holding back his tears.

I kept quietly walking downstairs, hoping they wouldn't notice me... but I'm stupid and tripped with the freaking carpet.

"Rachel" dad Hiram said while looking at me.

"Goodbye, I'm late for school" I said quickly and practically ran out the door. I wanted to cry, they've always acted so perfect... they never ever fought. Then again, this isn't the perfect world. I really needed, truly needed to cry. It's not everyday when you found out your dad cheated on your other dad.

I began walking to school, if I was quick enough I might be able to make to show up to first period not as late. The school was half and hour away by foot. The day started horribly and all I wanted was a sign that it was going to get better soon... but that's when I heard it.

Thunder. That made me start running to school, I did not want to get to school soaking wet. I mean, what could go wrong with me running?

Drop. Drop. Drop. Drop.

Rain. Full on rain. I've never ever seen the sky start raining so much so fast. I stopped running because I didn't want to fall down, I was also strongly considering whether or not I should go to school. Fuck it. I started running again.

"Fuck" I tripped and fell down... I really hate my life right now. I sat down because I couldn't keep walking, my ankle hurt too much, I couldn't help it, I couldn't hold it in. I started crying.

I got my phone out and tried to call Sam, maybe he could pick me up.

Ring... ring... ring... no answer.

Maybe Kurt will answer.

Ring... ring... ring... no answer.

I tried Sam again and it was the same, so I tried calling Kurt again and still no answer... Finn? Do I call Finn? You know what? Why the fuck not? Let's give him a call.

Ring... ring... ring... no answer.

Does the world hate me today or something? I mean, I am sitting down on the sidewalk, crying, in the pouring rain... I probably looked damn pathetic.

That's when I remembered, there was still one person that I could call... even if I preferred not to, he was my only choice... David. I really need to make more friends.

So, I called David.

Ring... ring... ring... "Hello? Rachel?" A confused David answered.

"David" I said.

"Are you okay? You sound like you've been crying" he said, he sounded genuinely preoccupied.

"It's raining a fucking lot and I'm sitting in the fucking sidewalk because I hurt my fucking ankle and walking fucking hurts and I just... I don't know what the fuck to do" I explained, I was crying a little bit less now.