twenty

Monday, February 27, 2019

Rachel Berry's Point of View:

I can't fucking breathe. We were five minutes away from performing, we were being walked to the stage for everyone to take their positions and run through everything one last time.

But I couldn't manage to breathe and I was going to fuck this up for everyone if I didn't get it together.

"Hey" I heard a soft voice speak behind me, I turned around and it was none other than Quinn. I quickly hugged her, we hadn't talked until right now. I missed her a lot.

"I'm going to choke" I said quickly, running out of breath.

"Rach, come on, look at me" She said, I looked at her and she offered me a kind smile "Remember when we were at my house and we tried baking cupcakes but opened the oven door too early so they were all flat" she laughed, which made me laugh "Oh!! And that time that we saw a cute squirrel and tried to walk towards it being careful but then it tried to attack us so we ran" I laughed again.

And after a couple more memories, I could breathe "Thank you" I said.

"Now, come on, we're going to kick butts, okay?" she asked and I nodded. She gave me a kiss on the cheek and went to her entrance.

The backtrack began playing and Quinn entered the stage first, singing beautifully... as always.

Quinn: People say we shouldn't be together, to young to know about forever. But I say they don't know what they're talk-talk-talking about.

That was my cue to enter the stage and walk towards her, slowly.

Rachel: Cause this love, is only getting stronger, so I don't wanna wait any longer. I just want to tell the world that you're mine, girl.

Rachel: Oh.

Both: They don't know about the things we do.

Quinn: They don't know about the I love you's.

Both: But I bet you if they only knew...

Rachel: They would just be jealous of us.

***

After the group number we were asked to leave the stage so the other team would perform. I was much calmer now that we had got that done with, the anxiety to know the results was creeping on me a little bit though.

"Oh, my god, we did amazing, you guys!" Mercedes exclaimed and we all agreed with her.

As for the member that was missing, one of the guys from the band agreed to join, he's actually really cool, his name is Matt.

"Hey, Rachel, can I steal you for sec?" Finn asked with a smile and I nodded.

We walked far enough from the rest so that they wouldn't be able to hear the conversation.

"So, I heard you and Quinn broke up" he said and I nodded, since it was, in fact, correct "Are you doing anything this friday?"

"Not really, why?"

"I wanted to ask you out... as friends, of course"

"As friends, yes, we haven't hung out in a while, like, just the two of us, yeah, why not"

"Great! Can't wait for our friendly date" he said with a chuckle and returned to the group.