•home isnt really a safe place anymore•

The next morning, I woke up and wanted to die.

My throat still burned and where my neck was held ached. When I looked in the mirror, there was a very visible hand print on my neck.

Silena was the only one in the cabin and she smiled sadly at me. "Chiron said I could stay here until you woke up, just in case you panicked or anything."

"Percy-?" My voice was raspy and it hurt to just say one word. I held to my neck to rub it, but instantly regretted it.

Silena quickly grabbed some nectar and fit the straw in my mouth. I had a hard time swallowing it and she helped me along, a sad look on her face.

"Percy is okay. You remember the events of last night, correct?" She asked once I finally managed to take it down.

I nodded.

Gods, how could I forget. Percy was the son of Poseidon. He wasn't supposed to even have children with mortals anymore and... I was kinda friends with one.

"Water can heal him or something, so he's been okay. He's been moved to cabin three though, and has to sit alone."  I widen my eyes at that and she laughed. "Chiron agreed that you could sit with Percy for a bit."

I smiled and forgot about my throat.

"Now, I believe you have a Greek lesson that needs help teaching?"

I nodded eagerly and jumped up, hugging her before running to where me, Annabeth and Percy would always sit.

When I came up to them, they both smiled brightly and Annabeth jumped up and hugged me. "Oh gods, your neck."

"Yeah." I laughed. My voice was still raspy and hurt a little, but neither Percy or Annabeth said anything.

Percy looked almost guilty. "Sorry for not helping you sooner, I just froze."

I shrugged. "I'm still alive and stuff, just a throat that feels dead."

We all laughed a little bit, and Annabeth went back to whatever they were doing. I mainly sat this class, because apparently Chiron told everyone to not let me talk.

And the cherry on top?

My sword lessons were canceled.

That's it, I'm drowning myself in the lake.

•.•.•.•

I have now been banned from the lake until my throat is better.

•.•.•.•

I have now been unbanned as the only thing left of my little capture the flag fun is a small red mark, but otherwise, I'm back to normal.

Dark clouds looked over camp, and even though it was protected, this one looked... different.

Percy had a meeting at the Big House, or something of the sort, so me and Annabeth took the time to just hang out on our own in the Athena cabin.

"Coriane?"

"What?"

"The clouds aren't parting over us like they always do."

"Gods, I just wish this would stop."

We both looked at the sky with small frowns.

I sighed and opened a random book, something about all the Greek stories.

I laughed slightly. "I think I know why you and Percy don't get along."

"Because my mom is Athena, his dad is Poseidon. The people of Athens thought the olive tree was better then his fountain." Annabeth answered, slightly bored.

"You know what, I won't try to talk to you anymore."

"Fine by me."

"Ugh, whatever."

Tap.

Tap. Tap.

My eyes widened, and I looked at Annabeth, her face the same as mine.

On the window by her bed, raindrops ran down.

We sprinted outside, water hitting us.

The volleyball players all stopped and stared at the sky, and many other followed.

I wanted to cry.

My one safe place, my home, where nothing bad was ever supposed to happen.

Something bad happened.

•.•.•.•

We went back to our cabins, as hers started getting crowded.

Drew was complaining about her hair getting wet, along with some others.

Silena just looked at me with concern in her eyes.

Annabeth came to my cabin, took me to the Big House, and opened the door.

There was Chiron, Percy, and Grover, who was eating cards.

"Who else would be stupid enough to volunteer for a quest like this?" Percy asked.

"I've been waiting a long time for a quest, Percy." Annabeth said and he looked back at us. "Athena is no fan of Poseidon, but if you're going to save the world, I'm the best person to keep you from messing up."

"What Annabeth means," I said and looked over at her. "Is that we've always wanted a quest, and even though your parents don't like one another, she would gladly fight by your side to save the world."

"What about you? Chiron said I could bring three people with me, I have Grover and Annabeth already." Percy said, and I knew what I had to do.

"Of course I'll join you, seaweed brain, wouldn't want to miss out on all the fun."

"If you say so." Percy said. "I suppose you have a plan, Lover Girl?"

I already felt myself turning red and Annabeth rolled her eyes. "Do you want our help or not?"

"A group of four," Percy said and turned to Chiron. "That'll work."

"Excellent," Chiron said. "This afternoon, we can take you as far as the bus terminal in Manhattan. After that, you are on your own."

Lightning flashed and the rain poured down.

Someone wasn't happy.

"No time to waste," Chiron said quickly. "I think you should all get packing."