•a final farewell•

I dabbed a washcloth on Percy's forehead while holding a glass of nectar in my other hand. His eyes opened and he looked around before meeting my eyes.

"Here we are again," he said.

"You idiot," I sighed, but I was he was awake. "You were green and turning grey when we found you. If it weren't for Chiron's healing..."

"Now, now," Chiron smiled. It was odd to see him in his human form, but I knew he did it for Percy. "Percy's constitution deserves some of the credit. How are you feeling?"

"Like my insides have been frozen, then microwaved."

"Apt, considering that was pit scorpion venom. Now you must tell me, if you can, exactly what happened."

Percy told us the story. Luke took him to the woods, where he revealed he was the thief. He told Ares to do what he did. It was Luke. My best friend. The one person I trusted most.

"I can't believe that Luke..." I trailed off.

"Yes." Annabeth said sternly, anger on her face. "Yes, I can believe. May the gods curse him... he was never the same after his quest."

"This must be reported to Olympus," Chiron muttered. "I will go at once."

"Luke is out there right now," Percy urged. "I have to go after him."

"No, Percy. The gods—"

"Won't even talk about Kronos," Percy snapped and I froze. "Zeus declared the matter closed!"

"Percy, I know this is hard. But you must not rush out for vengeance. You aren't ready."

Percy was quiet and I thought this was over.

"Chiron..." Percy said as he looked at his hand. "Your prophecy from the Oracle... it was about Kronos wasn't it? Was I in it? Coriane and Annabeth too?"

Chiron looked nervously towards the ceiling. "Percy, it isn't my place—"

"You've been ordered not to talk to me about it, haven't you?" Percy guessed.

Chiron's face held sadness. "You will be a great hero, child. I will do my best to prepare you. But if I'm right about the path ahead of you..." thunder boomed. "All right! Fine!" He sighed with anger. "The gods have their reasons, Percy. Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing."

"We can't just sit back and do nothing," Percy continued.

"We will not be sit back, but you must be careful. Kronos wants you to come unraveled. He wants your life disrupted, your thoughts clouded with fear and anger. Do not give him what he wants. Train patiently, your time will come."

"Assuming I live that long," Percy mumbled and I sent him a look of annoyance.

"You'll have to trust me, Percy." Chiron said, ignoring the comment partially. "You will live, but first you must decide your path for the coming year. I cannot tell you the right choice. But you must decide whether to stay at Camp Half-Blood year-round or return to the mortal world for seventh grade and be a summer camper. Think on that. When I get back from Olympus you must tell me your decision. Argus will watch over you."

Chiron turned to leave, but looked back at me and Annabeth. "Oh, and girls... whenever you're ready, both of them are here."

I never wrote back to Samantha, but did she have that much hope? Did I mean that much?

"Who's here?" Percy asked.

I completely forgot to tell him.

Percy was intently looking at me for an answer, and Annabeth awkwardly left, saying her goodbyes.

"Coriane?"

"I... uh... just took your advice, that's all. You need anything?"

Way to half answer his question.

"Yeah. Help me up, I want to go outside."

I frowned. "No. It's not a good idea."

Without even thinking, Percy got up and I quickly grabbed on to him before he fell.

"Percy..."

"I'm fine," he insisted as he heavily leaned against me as he slowly walked out the door.

Sorrow filled me at the sight outside. The camp looked empty. Cabins dark, grounds empty. The sun was close to setting, meaning I had to tell him soon before Samantha gave up hope and left.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked.

Percy shrugged. "I think Chiron wanted me to stay year round, but I don't know if I want that."

I placed a hand on the railing as I looked to Thalia's tree, seeing a car parked with two people outside. "I'm going home. I'm going to try at least."

"You're really trying?" Percy questioned.

"Samantha, his wife, wrote me a letter. Apparently me leaving broke him and he wanted me back home. I never wrote back but I guess they had hope."

"Then that means they really do want you, Cor," Percy said, a small smile on his face.

I nodded. "I suppose it does. I think there's a sticky note in my cabin with my address, you should write a letter since we don't really use phones."

Percy smiled more. "Okay, I will."

"Please don't do anything stupid during the school year. If you actively plan on it, at least tell me so I can tag along."

"I don't normally look for trouble," Percy said. "We should convince our parents to let us go to the same school."

I smiled. "I'll see what I can do."

We stood in a comfortable silence.

"When we get back next summer," I started. "We'll hunt down Luke. We'll ask for a quest, but if we don't get approval, we'll sneak off and do it. Agreed?"

"I don't think Annabeth will enjoy the plan, but of course."

"Annabeth will still tag along," I said with confidence. I looked at the setting sun. "I should probably go, don't want to keep them waiting."

Percy nodded. "See you around, love girl."

I smiled, hoping my face wasn't red. "You too, seaweed brain."

I walked down the hill towards the car, praying to my mother I made the right choice.

"Coriane!"

The moment I heard his voice, I broke into a sprint, tears stinging my eyes at what was happening.

He looked different, way better from when I left, and instead of his arms distant and closed, they were wide open.

And I embraced them.

"Dad!"