•we take a little trip into a pit•

After talking to Silena about not hanging out with Percy, I didn't see him til dinner, where I was clad in armor and Quintus, a new director, was explaining the rules to a new type of game.

"You will have teams of two, which have already been chosen! Your goal is to collect the gold laurels without dying, the wreath is wrapped in a package tied to the back of the monsters. There are six monsters, each has a package, only one holds the laurels, now, let me name your partners."

Silena and Charlie were together, and they both looked super happy, even if this wasn't Silena's favorite thing to do. The Stoll brothers were together, and Clarisse and Lee. Annabeth was with Evelyn, another girl from the Athena cabin who I wasn't that close with, but she was super nice.

And then, finally my name was called. "Coriane Tucker and Percy Jackson."

He grinned at me. "Nice."

I smiled at him, but his armor annoyed me, so I pulled him towards me so I could fix it. "Your armor is crooked, how did you not notice?"

Percy just looked down at me until I was done. "Thanks, Cor."

I smiled up at him, still holding him just a little. "You're welcome, Seaweed Brain."

As the game started, Percy and I ran into the woods, trying to get away from the other campers. I didn't really want to win this game, I just wanted the time with Percy. We finally got to a vantage point and memories from the end of winter break flooded me. "This is where we stopped looking."

I missed Nico, so dearly. I had barley known the young boy, who's spirit has not yet been tainted by the cruelness of the world, who's sister was still with him. Now, he was missing and the only known child of Hades.

Percy explained how he somehow saw an Iris-Message of Nico summoning the dead, that was definitely not a good sign.

"We have to figure out the Labyrinth." I said. "There's no way-"

Branches snapped and I knew something was out there watching us, and it wasn't the Stoll brothers trying to play a prank on us.

"Are you busy?" Juniper asked, and I swung my sword at her. "Hey! Not cool, Coriane!"

I lowered my sword. "Gods, Juniper! You can't just scare me like that!"

Juniper looked down, but quickly looked back up. "You can't allow Grover to go in the Labyrinth, I won't let him."

I felt horrible. "I'm sorry, but it might be the only way. We just need to know where to start."

Juniper had a shy smile. "About that!" But more rustles began and she grabbed Percy and I. "Hide!"

A huge amber insect came from the woods, a package tied to its back. I looked at Percy, who was already looking at me. "You distract this thing while I cut off the tail."

We'd been fighting with each other for so long, we already knew what our moves were, this would be easy. Until another two creatures appeared.

"Oh, come on!" I groaned. "The whole woods and half of them come at us? Watch the laurels not even be here."

We backed up until we were pushed against a boulder. I parried the stringers and Percy tried to attack, but it was no use. We kept shuffling and I knew we were going to get stung a hundred times by these things.

"In here!" Percy shouted and I glanced over to see the smallest crack between the boulders. "Come on, I'll cover you!"

It was a crazy idea, but I had no other choice. I shuffled in between the boulders until suddenly there was nothing under my feet and I was gripping Percy as we fell.

When I could finally see again, Percy was inches from my face as I was sprawled on the ground of this pit, Percy holding himself up with just one arm.

"Great idea, Percy." I groaned as I held the back of my head, stinging just a little. "Where even are we?"

Percy sat up, pulling me up with him. He used his sword to light the way slightly. He held me closely to him as he frowned. "This a huge room."

I shook my head. "No, this is a corridor. Percy, walk back."

I gripped his hand as he slowly moved his back, lighting the walls. I gasped as I saw the mark, the mark of Daedalus. A Greek Delta.

The roof slid open and a ladder appeared, and people were calling for us. I looked over at Percy before I began to climb up.

"Coriane!" Annabeth shouted and launched herself at me. "Where have you been?"

I laughed. "Chill, Annabeth, we were gone for a few minutes."

Clarisse frowned. "You guys were gone for an hour."

I looked to Chiron. "I think it's better if we explain this at the Big House."

Annabeth looked at me, eyes wild. She looked between Percy and I, almost a hint of envy. "You found it!"

I nodded, but Percy seemed confused. "What did we find?"

I looked up at Percy. "An entrance to the Labyrinth, an invasion route straight into camp."