•we ride the taxi of torture•

"Oh my Gods!" I screamed and ran towards her. "What are you doing?"

She pulled me into a hug. "No time to explain. But you;" Annabeth scowled at Sloan. "Lay off my friends"

Sirens began to sound and rattling came from the doors.

"Annabeth, how long have you even—?" Percy tried.

"I said I don't have time!" She slowly backed away. "Meet me outside! And bring him!" Her face had distaste at Tyson.

She placed on her Yankees hat and disappeared, leaving us to question everything as the doors slammed open.

"Percy Jackson? Coriane Tucker? How?" The headmaster asked.

"They did it, Mr. Bonsai!" Sloan shouted. "They set the whole building on fire, Coach Nunley will tell you! He saw it all!"

Coach looked up. "Huh? Yeah, mhm."

"Oh Gods," I muttered, knowing we'd have to make a break for it. "Never thought I'd get expelled. On the last day too."

Percy grabbed his pen from the floor. "Cor, Tyson, come on!"

He then jumped out of the hole in the wall, leaving me no choice but to follow.

•.•.•.•

"She's over here!" I shouted to Percy and Tyson.

Annabeth looked up, scowl on her face. "Where'd you find him?"

"He's my friend," Percy shrugged.

"Is he homeless?"

"Annabeth!" I hissed.

"What does that have to do with anything?" Percy huffed. "He can hear, you know. Why don't you ask him?"

"He can talk?"

"I talk," Tyson smiled. "You are pretty."

"Ah! Gross!" Annabeth gagged.

"Annabeth what's your problem?" I snapped.

She pointed at his face. "Take a look."

I was astonished. She'd never acted like this, what was so different about Tyson other then his height and speech?

I slowly looked upwards, and knew why it was hard to look him in the eyes.

Well, eye.

"What!" I shouted and scrambled back. "This is not funny!"

"I'm surprised the Laistrygonians had the guts to attack you with him around." Annabeth noted.

"What?" Percy asked.

"They're a race of giant cannibals who live far North. Odysseus ran into them once, but I've never seen them this far South."

Percy still looked confused, but Annabeth changed the subject. "Have you been having the dreams?"

"About Grover?" Percy asked.

I shook my head. "What are you dreaming about?"

"Camp." She said, dread filling the alleyway. "Big trouble at camp."

"My mom was saying the same thing!" Percy exclaimed. "What kind of trouble?"

"Can my parents be put on this email chain you're on because I've heard nothing." I frowned, highly confused.

"I don't know exactly, but something's wrong. Monsters have been chasing me all the from Virginia, what about you?"

"We've had none all year," I told her. "Apart from today."

I zoned out. Camp was supposed to be my one safe place, but now it wasn't? I couldn't bear a life without it, especially since Luke...

"Cor!"

I snapped my head up. "Hm?"

"We're taking a taxi to camp." Annabeth said.

What kinda taxi...?

Oh...

"Do you know how much money that'll take?" Percy began, face clearly confused and tired.

"Trust her." I sighed.

"What about Tyson?" Percy asked. "We can't just leave him, he'll be in trouble, too."

Annabeth looked grossed out, and I couldn't help but feel it as well, now knowing what Tyson was.

"Yeah." Annabeth huffed. "We defended to take him. Now come on."

I quickly followed Annabeth down the streets, Percy and Tyson struggling after.

"I never knew..." I sighed. "If I did..."

"It's fine." Annabeth snapped. She sighed. "I'm sorry, it's just that Percy doesn't get why we don't like Cyclopes like we do."

I nodded. "Here."

Annabeth fished around her backpack. "I have one left."

"What are you looking for?" Percy said, confusion laced in the words.

Sirens wailed and I picked my nails. Annabeth pulled out a drachma, and I grinned.

"New York taxi divers won't take that." Percy said.

"Stêthi, ô hárma diabolês!" She shouted, of course in Ancient Greek.

Stop, Chariot of Damnation!

She tossed the coin down on the street and it sunk with it.

For a moment everything was normal, nothing happening.

And then it darkened, and bubbled, and a car came out.

A smoky gray car was before was, almost woven of smoke if possible.

An old woman stuck her head out of the window. "Passage? Passage?"

"Four to Camp Half-Blood," Annabeth announced.

She opened the door and I carefully sat in, motioning for Percy to follow.

"Ach!" The woman shouted. "We don't take his kind!"

"Extra pay," Annabeth urged. "Three more drachma on arrival."

"One extra if you make it quick," I added, trying to gain their graces.

"Done!" She shrieked.

Percy got in, Tyson following, and finally Annabeth. It was a tight squeeze, Percy and I practically on top of each other.

I studied the front seat closer, not all that shocked to see three old women.

The women started driving, and all I could focus on was not dying in that pure moment.

I felt sick and I grabbed my stomach.

Percy shook me. "You'll be alright." Although it sounded like a question.

I nodded, trying to smile.

The women fought over an eye, and I shut my eyes to keep myself from screaming.

Suddenly Percy held it. "Tell me or I'll open the window and throw it out."

"Wait!" They screamed. "31, 30, 75, 12."

Coordinates?

Percy tossed it back and we arrived. "Tell me what the numbers mean."

"No time!" Annabeth shouted. "We have to go now!"

I didn't like her tone. I practically shoved Percy out and looked up at the hill.

Campers were on the crest.

And they were being attacked.