•land of sirens and cyclops•

It seemed Percy knew exactly how to sail a pirate ship, which was great, but also slightly concerning. We passed a volcano, and Annabeth and I had come up from taking a nap below deck.

"One of the forges of Hephaestus," Annabeth said. "Where he makes his metal monsters."

"Like the bronze bulls?" Percy asked.

I listened as Annabeth told Percy was had actually happened the night Thalia died.

The way that Cyclops tricked all of us. The way I thought I was going to save Luke, but ended up in the death grip instead and hanging above a fire. The way Annabeth saved all of us. Annabeth stopped talking and I took over.

"I still have nightmares." I sighed. "I've never even told you this, Annabeth, but he kept talking to me in my dads voice. Telling me I was a disappointment to the family and I was the reason mom left. Then I heard Luke and felt I needed to prove myself and that's where I lost it." I felt the tears pricking. "I know it wasn't him, but I really thought it was."

Percy said nothing and Annabeth looked at me in shock that I hadn't told her that. I said goodnight to them, not wanting to bare any of their questions and went to sleep.

•.•.•.•

We arrived at the Land of Sirens and Annabeth and I were tied to the mast. Annabeth had somehow convinced me to hear the Sirens with her.

Percy stuffed candle wax in his ears and sailed us through.

At first, it was normal, until it wasn't.

Oh, darling, come here, a voice cooed, and it sounded like mom. Your father and I have waited all day for you to come home, how was school, Coriane?

I looked up to Percy, trying to guilt trip him into letting me go, feeling tears stream down my face.

Coriane, I love you, so, so much, father cooed. We can have your favorite for dinner, just come here.

Suddenly, the ropes were cut free and I saw Annabeth dive over the deck. Mom and dad called me to them and I followed.

I swam towards the island and saw mom and dad, waiting to me. Annabeth was there too, scribbling in a notebook while looking at a book, and Percy was there smiling widely at me.

Cor! Percy grinned. We can practice sword fighting with Luke!

But she needs to study! Annabeth protested.

Suddenly I was grabbed, and I saw what looked like Percy, and I started punching him, desperately trying to get him off of me.

He grabbed my waist and pushed me underwater, and I was frantic. I could feel the spell start to fade and the air leaving my lungs. Finally, an air bubble came around us, and I looked at him, then sobbed, hugging him tightly.

He held me tightly, like I had when he wasn't a guinea pig anymore, and I felt so safe. "I'll get us back to the ship, it's okay, just hang on."

I assumed Percy had already gotten Annabeth, based on how calm he was. Sure enough, when we got back on the ship, Annabeth hugged me, apologizing for convincing me that I should join her.

Annabeth went below deck to sleep, leaving me huddled in blankets on the bow of the ship.

Percy sat by me. "I... I saw your fantasy or whatever."

I blushed. "You saw that? That's embarrassing."

He shook his head. "No, it's nice. You just want everyone you love to be with you, I get it."

I smiled. "Thanks Seaweed Brain. My fatal flaw is definitely personal loyalty or hubris. I'd do anything for friends, but I also want to be on top of the world."

Percy shrugged. "I don't see how that's bad. The personal loyalty."

"I'd do anything. Anything. If you or Annabeth were in trouble and there was one thing I could do to save you, I'd probably do it, no matter what."

I studied his face, his tan skin that made it look like he spent all his days on the beach (which he did do to an extent). The way his eyes just perfectly matched the ocean and how his hair was jet black, but it didn't even feel like it at all.

I knew my cheeks were a stupid red, but his were as well. My stomach felt weird, like something I hadn't ever felt before. It wasn't a bad feeling, but it was so different.

"I saw it from the window below deck!" Annabeth pointed out to the horizon. "Look!"

We could see an island, and I knew it was the home of the Cyclops.

•.•.•.•

When we landed on the island, we saw the other lifeboat from the Confederate ship, meaning Clarisse was probably here.

We encountered man-eating sheep, but had no way to cross. Eventually, we settled on trying to climb a huge mountain. We only almost died, like, six times, which seemed like a win to me. I kept loosing my footing, scraping rock down at Percy. Annabeth was a good climber so she was way ahead of us, though she still kicked some stuff down at me.

We finally got to the top and collapsed on the ledge, groaning from our sore muscles. I stretched my arms out. "I'd rather do the lava wall ten times over than do that again."

"Cor, I'm holding you to that," Annabeth laughed breathlessly.

Another voice bellowed and I jumped up and almost yelped, but Percy clamped his hand on my mouth, Annabeth pointing.

"You're a feisty one!" The deep voice bellowed.

"Challenge me!" A female shouted, not doubt it was Clarisse. "Give me back my sword and I'll fight you!"

We crept over to the entrance of a Cyclops hideout, peering over the edge. Below us was Polyphemus and Grover in a wedding dress, and Clarisse was tied up.

"Hmm," Polyphemus turned to Grover. "Eat loudmouth girl now or wait for wedding feast? What does my bride think?"

Grover almost bleated. "Oh, I'm not hungry right now, dear..."

"Did you say bride?" Clarisse demanded. "Who... Grover?"

I gawked. "She has to shut up."

"The satyr!" Clarisse shouted.

"What satyr?" Asked Polyphemus. "Satyrs are good eating, you bring me a satyr?"

"No! Grover! The one in the wedding dress!"

I wanted to put her in a chokehold right then and there, but it was too late. All we could do was watch as Polyphemus tore the dress off Grover, revealing his curly hair, horns and hooves.

The Cyclops breathed heavily. "I don't see very well, not since many years ago when the other hero stabbed me in the eye. But you're no lady Cyclops!"