•we lead a jail break and other things•

This was a dead end. Heavy breathing and footsteps sounded behind us, and this boulder was not helping our situation.

"Tyson?" Percy shouted.

"Yes!" Tyson responded, using his strength to move the boulder. "Hurry, I'll close it!"

"Great idea!" I shouted as I ran past him. We shoved the boulder and whatever was chasing us made noises of frustration like a riddle not getting its way.

"What in Hades?" Annabeth asked, gripping metal bars.

"We ran right into a prison cell," I groaned. "I'm awful at leading these stupid quests."

"Hey, you're doing good." Percy assured me. "Tyson can get us out and then we'll be on our way."

Grover shushed us, so I scowled at him before hearing it. A deep sobbing echoed through the building, and a voice muttering in another language.

"Cant be!" Tyson said, grabbing the bars and freeing us, chasing after it.

We followed him and I was alarmed at what I saw.

It was like a centaur, a woman's upper body, but it had a dragon lower half. Tyson spoke in whatever language it was speaking and shivered. "Kampê."

I nodded. "I remember. When the Titans ruled they imprisoned Gaea and Ouranos' earlier children, the Cyclopes and the Hekatonkherires."

"The Hundred-Handed ones," Annabeth said. "They're called that because, well, they had a hundred hands, they're older than the Cyclopes."

"Kampê was the jailer," Tyson shivered. "She worked for Kronos kept our brothers locked up in Tartarus, kept them there until Zeus came. He killed Kampê and freed us. And Briares is a Hundred-Handed One!"

"Let's check it out before Kampê comes back." I said, peaking the corner.

We ran to the cage and Tyson fell on his knees. "Great Hundred-Handed One, help us!"

He looked kinda weird, but he looked like you'd expect someone with a hundred hands would.

"I can't!" He groaned. "I cannot help myself. Kampê is back and will send us back to Tartarus."

"Put on your brave face!"

He did, but it morphed back. "No good, my scared face keeps coming back."

Tyson broke the cage, and urged the man. "Briares! Come!"

"I cannot, she will punish me."

"It's all right," Annabeth assured him. "You have fought and won before. We can do it again."

"Don't listen to whatever Kampê told you." Percy said. "Let's play rock paper scissors."

The two did, after I looked at Percy like he was crazy. Briares looked in confusion. "That's not a rock, paper, or scissors."

"It's a gun, it beats anything."

"Well that's not fair."

"Kampê won't be fair either!" I urged. "Now, come on!"

Annabeth led the way, already somewhat knowing where we were going. Until we reached a group of tourists, where Kampê crashed through a wall.

"Briares! Fight!" Tyson shouted, but all he did was cower in fear.

"Run!" Annabeth shouted.

I watched Percy and Tyson argue, until Percy ran towards us.

"To the boat!" Grover shouted.

We sprinted as Briares followed, Tyson having a huge fight with Kampê.

"We can't go into the boat!" I shouted. "We need the Labyrinth!"

"Look for the mark!" Annabeth shouted.

"Here!" Grover called as he touched the Greek L and the stones started to move.

Percy shoved all of us in as Tyson dove after us, just making it before the wall closed and Kampê was blocked off.

"My brothers have faded." Briares said. "I wish to fade."

"Aren't monsters immortal?" Percy asked.

"Even immortality has limits." Grover said. "Sometimes monsters lose their will to stay."

I knew that must've been what Grover thought about Pan. He was forgotten by almost everyone, apart from most of us at camp.

Briares walked down the hall and into the shadows, leaving Tyson sobbing.

I was kinda annoyed the guy just went off after Tyson risked his life for him, but I couldn't stay upset forever.

"Guys, let's go. We need somewhere else to set up camp."

•.•.•.•

I took first watch, leaning against a wall as everyone was supposed to be sleeping. Percy didn't get the memo.

He moved his sleeping bag to be next to me, already sitting on mine. I looked at him. "You need sleep."

"Can't sleep. You doing all right?"

I sighed through my nose. "Sure. First day leading a quest. Doing great."

"We'll get there." Percy said. "We'll find that workshop before Luke does."

I brushed my hair out of my face as I held my hand in my hands. "I was stupid for thinking reading about the maze would help, it's only made it worse."

"You're doing great." Percy assured me, holding my shoulder. "Remember Circe's island?"

I snorted. "Yeah, where I got the best makeover of my life and you made a cute Guinea pig?"

Percy smiled. "You looked pretty good, too, not just me. Anyway, and waterland, how you got us thrown off that ride?"

"I still think it was your fault!"

"See? It'll be fine."

I smiled, but it faded. "What did Hera mean by you knew the way to get through the maze?"

"I don't know."

"You'd tell me if you did?"

"Sure, maybe..."

"Maybe?"

"Maybe if you told me the last line of the prophecy."

"No. I won't. Not here, maybe not ever."

"Cor-"

"Percy, I said no." My eyes were tired and him questioning me made me worse. "I can't."

"I'll take first watch. I'll wake you if anything happens."

I wanted to protest, really, but I wouldn't say no to sleep. I nodded at him and slumped into my sleeping bag and let it call me to sleep.