•what happened?•

I don't remember much of what happened. We reached Hephaestus' workshop. We told him everything that happened. We somehow found our way back to camp. What I do remember was the blast I felt and hearing the news of a possible eruption.

Silena was happy to see me, Charlie was happy. Almost everyone was happy. But I wasn't. When Silena hugged me, I sobbed.

Again.

And again.

Until I couldn't shed any more tears and I was just wailing. Chiron and Annabeth, Silena and Charlie, even Clarisse, tried to assure me he would turn up. But a day turned to days, and that turned to a week, and now we're at a week and a half and I'm supposed to be planning what I'll say at his funeral.

One night, while trying to figure out what to even say without sobbing again, Silena sat on my bed next to me.

"Coriane," she started. "What exactly happened when you and Percy said goodbye?"

The only people who knew were Annabeth and Chiron. I tensed when she asked, realized we were the only two there and sighed.

"We, um, we kissed." I started to cry again, wiping my eyes with one hand.

Silena put her hand over mine. "If it's too much you don't have to. If you're not ready, you don't have to. But when you are, I'm here to listen. I'll always be here."

I shook my head. "No, I need to tell you. We kissed, and I told him I loved him, and he said he loved me too. And I wanted to stay with him and tell him everything, but I knew he wouldn't let me, and neither would Annabeth."

Silena had a sad smile. "I'm sorry, honey. I'm not going to say I understand, because I don't, but I would gladly take away your pain if I could. I hate seeing you like this."

I nodded. "I know. Tomorrow Chiron wants Annabeth and I to go through Percy's things, figure out what to send to his mom and what is considered "camp property". I don't know what to do."

"Well, you and Annabeth can reminisce on what things mean to you. Chiron might let you keep some small things that may not be important to his mom. It's going to be hard, Coriane, but you'll get through it."

"I'm never going to love anyone again."

"You don't know that."

"Yes I do!" I shouted, my sadness turning to anger. "I'm a daughter of Aphrodite, I know this!"

"Okay, okay." Silena said. "I'm sorry."

I wiped my eyes again. "I want him back."

"I don't think that can happen. I'm sorry."

•.•.•.•

The next day we went through his stuff. I took some photos of us, and convinced Chiron to let me steal one of his hoodies, somehow, and Annabeth and I cried the whole time. We cried holding the Minotaur horn and when Silena peaked in, she quickly tried to calm us down, but failed.

I was a mess, I didn't do any tasks around camp and nobody minded but some of the Ares kids, and Drew rolling her eyes about me laying in bed doing nothing. I didn't really care.

•.•.•.•

The day of his funeral came. I held onto his burial shroud as Chiron made some comments. "We assume he is dead. After so long a silence, it is unlikely our prayers will be answered. I have asked his best surviving friend to do the final honors."

I gave Chiron a tight smile before holding his shroud, sea green with a blue trident. I placed it on the flames, realizing how final it was. I looked to the campers. "Percy was probably the bravest person I've ever known and definitely one of the greatest friends I've ever met. Percy would've been an amazing hero if given more time. And he's..." I frowned. I saw messy black hair and those stupid sea green eyes. "He's right there!"

People gasped as they realized it was him. I had relief, then anger. I stormed over to him, shoving through the crowd. "Where have you been?" I shouted, and I desperately wanted to punch him, but I pulled him into a hug instead. I pulled away gripping his arms. "I... we thought you were dead!"

"I'm sorry, I got lost."

"Lost?" I yelled. "Two weeks, Percy? Where in the world-?"

Annabeth came beside us. "You're gone for two weeks, leaving us an absolute mess, and all you say is you were lost?"

"Girls," Chiron warned. "Perhaps we should discuss this somewhere more private? The rest of you, back to your normal activities!"

•.•.•.•

Percy told us how he was the reason the explosion happened and how he was stuck on an island until Hephaestus had guided him back. He didn't say it, but I assumed he was on Calypso's island, that made me feel horrible.

Then he said his plan. He wanted to get the help of that stupid Rachel girl to guide us through the maze.

"No way!" I shouted. "This is my quest, I should get to pick!"

Chiron looked uncomfortable. "My dear, it is, but you need help."

"Hard to admit we need a mortal's help, but it's true." Percy said.

I wanted to curl into a ball and cry all over again. Instead, I glared at him. "You are the single most annoying person I've ever met!" And I ran away with Annabeth following. "He's so stupid!"

"Cor, I'm sure he doesn't mean it that way."

"What if he only said he loved me because I said it and he didn't want our last encounter to be him saying he didn't love me!" I pulled at my hair. "I'm so stupid, I should've never told him!"