•the moon and the sun•

Once we found Thalia and Grover, we searched the halls endlessly to no avail.

Grover jumped. "Percy's in trouble! Thorn has him and the di Angelos!"

"Where?" I asked frantically, already pulling my ring off.

"Outside by the cliff!" He bleated.

Thalia nodded. "Let's go."

We rushed out and almost instantly noticed the helicopter headed towards the cliff edge, where Percy and the di Angelos were.

"I'll push them away from the edge with my cap," Annabeth said. "Thorn should be too stunned and then you guys can flank him."

"Alright," I nodded. "Please be safe, we need you to come back to camp with us."

Annabeth gave a two finger salute before putting her cap on and running off.

We sat for what felt like ages until Thorn shot what looked like missiles at them, but Annabeth knocked them down.

Thalia and I charged forwards, Grover staying back and figuring something out to play on his reed pipe.

I swung my sword at Thorn, but his hand turned into a huge paw so I had to roll to the side to avoid it, making me wish I had a shield like Percy and Thalia.

Vines sprouted from the ground and latched onto Thorn, no doubt Grover's work. I grinned at him but remained ready in case he tried something.

And he definitely did something.

He changed into a manticore, and Annabeth was visible as she scrambled around.

The manticore turned on me and snarled, then knocked me away towards the cliff edge, but Percy grabbed me and moved so I was behind his shield.

"Yield!" Thorn roared.

"Never!" Thalia shouted and charged, but with the spotlight of the helicopter blinding her, Thorn was able to knock her down.

"No!" Percy shouted and ran towards her leaving Grover and I to protect the di Angelos.

I frowned when I heard it.

A hunting horn, loud and clear.

Arrows whistled from the trees, hitting the monster. They advanced, shooting arrow after arrow.

I was in awe. "The Hunters!"

I watched as they continued their fire, but Annabeth jumped on Thorn's back and he tumbled over the edge, her on him.

"Annabeth!" I screamed and ran towards the edge, but got pulled back by Percy as the helicopter shot as us.

One girl shot her arm out, turning it into ravens, before looking over at me. "Some of Chiron's campers, I see."

"You have to let us save her!" I pleaded, feeling the tears in my eyes. "Percy, let me go!"

"Do not let her go, she cannot be throwing herself off cliffs." The girl snapped.

"Who do you think you are?" Percy sneered, letting me go anyway. "That's our friend."

One girl, with a silver circlet in her hair stomped up as though to slap him.

"No," she ordered. "I sense no disrespect, Zoë, he is simply distraught, no doubt Coriane remembers me."

It clicked then. How could I be so stupid as to not recognize her sooner?

The Goddess turned to Percy. "I am Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt."

•.•.•.•